Author Topic: Locus Map 4, discussion  (Read 17090 times)

Offline balloni55

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung XCover 4s Android 10
Re: Locus Map 4, discussion
« Reply #405 on: May 19, 2020, 19:06:06 »
when i click the "wrench icon" in POI or track list, in next window the top and bottom panel get an milky overlay. The buttons are furthermore clickable
Locus PRO 3.46.1

Offline jonny.blue

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Galaxy S10e
Feedback
« Reply #406 on: May 19, 2020, 20:44:09 »
After month of (couch ;)) testing with tablet last week I decided to take LM to productive mode with my mobile.
After some hiking tours, some geocaches ... and today a cool bike tour with navigating along a route ... the main functions are working pretty good. 😎
The only thing I had to fight with today ... the bottom of the geocaching card disappears sometimes 🤔 ... and then it was not easy to get into the cache screen.

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #407 on: May 21, 2020, 13:06:00 »
@balloni55
hmm I'm worried, that it's the same with public version since begin, isn't it?
Any dynamic points that are loaded automatically are mostly independent on permanent (manually loaded points over the "LoPoints screen") points. So it may happen that on the map are both points at once.
I'm aware of it and will fix it before LM4, thanks.

Context toolbars should be improved (except title text) in the next version, thanks.

@tapio
can't confirm problem with the highlighted selected theme. Are you enabling V3 or V4 theme based on the current active map?

@john_percy & @Andrew Heard
I hope that problem with app responsiveness will be related to the problem mentioned by @Žajdlík Josef before. We will see in the next version.

@jonny.blue
thanks for the tests! ;). I noticed issues with select of points as well. Wasn't yet able to fix it ...
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline jonny.blue

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 21, 2020, 19:10:58 »
And today ... I had several crashes where Locus completely exited.

The most problems are arround the new geocache card.
I have two presets ... with one I can see the bottom panel ... with the other it mostly disappeares (its my driving setup where orientation is blocked, looking into driving direction ...and more).
There I can reproduce the crash: within the new cache card turning the mobile leads directly to the exception.
Btw ... the new geocache popup isn't really good for caching because all actions (navigate, compass, hint, log ... are far away🤔).

Offline tapio

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Huawei Mate 20 X
« Reply #409 on: May 22, 2020, 08:38:31 »
Menion, I have v4 themes in my presets and I use OAM maps. Cannot test again because currently rc beta is installed.
My BRouter profiles, based on Poutnikls: https://tiny.cc/brouterbrf

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 22, 2020, 12:35:22 »
@jonny.blue
crashes ... found just one when rotate a screen when point bottom popup is visible, fixed.

On your screen are missing buttons at the bottom of the popup. They are not visible right when this screen displays?

@tapio
there is always a fresh new LM4 version ;).
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline poutnikl

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
    • My Brouter Profiles
  • Device: Xiaomi MI A2 (6G/128G) / A10 / LM3 Pro + LM4 alpha
« Reply #411 on: May 22, 2020, 16:32:20 »
I have noticed that after cache clearing, LM4 build 936 does not restart after 5s progress bar before restarting,

LM3 pro / free / beta restart always worked for me after settings restore before ( not remembering last success ), but now I have realized the latest LM3 pro fails to restart as well, after settings restore or cache clearing on my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10.

In both cases, I have to start it manually. No big deal, but It should work if advertised.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk
https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki
When a user digs profiles up from the GitHub repositories,
they will be hopefully wrapped in some wiki knowledge....  :-)
Try also https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki/Determining-optimal-bicycle-profile

Offline jonny.blue

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 22, 2020, 17:46:08 »
They are not visible right when this screen displays?

Yes, with one preset the panel is (almost 🤔 ) hidden.
I tried a little bit to touch the area ... and when I hit a place where a butten shoud be ... it works.
It seems as if the panel is compressed.
... and after some attempts it appears partially.

Offline jonny.blue

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 23, 2020, 16:40:17 »
They are not visible right when this screen displays?

Finaly found it out after switching one by one option:
when you set 'display->full screen ... not only notification bar disappears but also bottom panel of this popup.

Offline jonny.blue

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 24, 2020, 08:54:00 »
@jonny.blue
The geocaching part of the new point screen is definitely not finished. The current state is work-in-progress. So if, I will appreciate some feedback based on work with all points except geocaching :).

... ohhh, just forgot. 😚

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 25, 2020, 07:52:14 »
@poutnikl
and there is a text that app will restart after 5 seconds? On modern Android 10+ devices should be the text "Please restart the app after %s seconds", because I've lost the option to restart the app automatically and still can't find a method to do it.

@jonny.blue
ah thanks. This bottom panel drives me mad, hmm ...
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline poutnikl

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
    • My Brouter Profiles
  • Device: Xiaomi MI A2 (6G/128G) / A10 / LM3 Pro + LM4 alpha
« Reply #416 on: May 25, 2020, 07:57:40 »
Well, you are true, it is "Please restart.." :-D

I have not read it properly, fooling myself seeing old good 5s to restart message.  Like if you rode through a crossing for many years and suddenly they changed the way priority. :-D

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki
When a user digs profiles up from the GitHub repositories,
they will be hopefully wrapped in some wiki knowledge....  :-)
Try also https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki/Determining-optimal-bicycle-profile

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 25, 2020, 08:11:50 »
 ;D

In the old Android version, it was possible to simply terminate the app by something like "kill -9" and before this, register action to start it again after 5 seconds. But this unfortunately no longer works on A10+. App simply cannot start itself ... so for now ... "Please restart..." :)
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline T-mo

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: One+3
« Reply #418 on: May 25, 2020, 22:17:05 »
LM4_936
  • bug: with activated Controlling>Display>Screen on/off control (wave once) Locus runs nuts when I hit the main-menu-button (map-screen hamburger-style)..the display continuously goes on and off , only reboot helps. Had this several times now. Haven't had this with 933 AFAIR.
  • personal preference: theme-details is too long away. I would go a step further than Tapio ;)..I wish I could do long-press layer-button or some other magic to directly jump into the theme-details-screen. Just as a suggestion as I don't want to use map-screen-space with the 'old-but-gold'-blue-flag e.g. But 3 well-placed long-distance-finger-placements are..well, more than 1. I will beat you all in speed-tests by the way 8)
  • question: long-press position-button pops up the 'Hold map center' menu which I can modify then..is this your default-mechanism to be able to expand this menu to 2 settings or even more? I suggest long press directly changes the one-and-only-option in the case it's only one. With 2 or more entries then pop-up..
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 22:25:55 by T-mo »

Offline jonny.blue

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 27, 2020, 21:34:42 »
Today I was navigating along a route ... and had several problems:
- navigation has stopped several times while searching (with compass) a geocache
- two or three time Locus started completely new (track recording was continued, navigation had to be started manual)

Because all this is not repeatable by a single action ... is there a logfile where problems are documented?

PS: maybe some problems are caused from screen lock (I use basic lock) . With this lock it's always a little bit weird ... but finaly it works while driving.

PSPS: during my tour today I didn't use lock screen and geocaching - just navigating - and all works great over 3h and 140km 😎
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 20:27:05 by jonny.blue »