Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

lor74cas

Restore of backup crash
At every installation of a new LM4 I need to restore the folders settings, this time I tried the backup restore and found the bug

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

@T-mo
ah, hidden "Display on map" settings, I've completely forget on it. United, thanks.
Still any points visible: if we talk about dynamic points (that are automatically loaded/unloaded based on the movement of the map), they should respect this eye on/off on 100%. Any steps to simulate this problem?

Ideas, thanks.
- sharing to OSM: is it really useful? You may partially do by yourself with a "Quick bookmark" function.
- the chart in the track: agree, not ideal. Check chart in the route planner at bottom > a lot better I believe :). It is a  different system that I plan to use also for this track screen in the near future.

@tapio
I was also thinking about it. Currently, I miss at least the label with the name of the selected theme. I'm just a little worried about the additional space that this item takes... I'll think about it, thanks.

@lor74cas
I'm trying it and no crash so far. Anyway, something found ... so next version, thanks.
Btw. why you need always restore backup? Should not be needed.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

lor74cas

Hello,
LM4 does not like my Locus folders settings so to avoid duplication of maps and srtm I need at every update to set them as in the PRO version. This time I tried to retore the backup and found the bug.

After my last post, I was tired to see in google store update the free(beta) version because I use LM4 and I uninstalled it. Result, no more LM4 and when trying to install it back from the apk it says it does not find my sd card, see attached screenshot.

LocusPro works well, I also attached its settings of folders.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

Version 931 has problems with SD card? Damn, should not. There was an issue in 930 version, but within a few hours I've published a fix.

You wrote that "LM4 does not like my Locus folders settings". It is possible that restoring backup in LM4 may need to set most of the custom folders (mainly to SD card) again. It is correct. But every update of LM4 or Beta version (not a new install) should keep this setting!

Also, you should not see an update of LM Beta from Google Play. Hmmm .. only in case, you have installed version 930 :).
  •  

freischneider

Version 930 I also had problems with the SD card.
Version 931 was good then.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Andrew Heard

LM4 391 Interesting only this one time for me during installation, Google Play Protect says it hasn't seen this app before & asks to scan.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

And new Alpha 3.45.1.6 is available for install.
Mostly some fixes ...
  •  

Andrew Heard

LM4 933 - Nearest Points screen - working nicely. Thanks @menion.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

lor74cas

• With new version, no more problems with SD
  • Imported the setup backup of pro version in LM4, successfully but the LM4 folders settings has still issues. Attached screenshot
  • The explanation text is truncated. Attached screenshot
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

As I wrote previously "It is possible that restoring backup in LM4 may need to set most of the custom folders (mainly to SD card) again. It is correct.". The setup of folders have to be done manually in every version. The question to me is why you need to restore backups, why you just do not keep Free/Beta/Alpha version installed as is, that's all.

Truncated texts in popups are known to me, but I've just not yet found a working solution :-\
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on May 14, 2020, 08:53:51
As I wrote previously "It is possible that restoring backup in LM4 may need to set most of the custom folders (mainly to SD card) again. It is correct.". The setup of folders have to be done manually in every version. The question to me is why you need to restore backups, why you just do not keep Free/Beta/Alpha version installed as is, that's all.

Truncated texts in popups are known to me, but I've just not yet found a working solution :-\

ok I'll set up the folders manually as usual, I'm lazy so I was confident in the restore of the pro backup.

As you can see at this post https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6817.msg59050#msg59050
we can not have at the same time LM4 and LM-beta we need to choose,  as correctly suggested by balloni55 in the answer.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

That's correct. All these versions: Locus Map Free - Locus Map Free Beta (from Google Play) - Locus Map 4.0 (from APK) has the same unique ID so only one version may exist in the device at once ... unfortunately.
  •  

balloni55

Hamburger button > next window "LOPoints(BETA)" didnĀ“t work, it only work inside "map content panel"

no reaction( add/modify/info) after long click on side/bottom panel
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: tapio on May 11, 2020, 22:20:20
Map content panel, the top map/theme entry. While I understand the logic, another approach would be more convenient maybe.

A new row just for the theme. If you tap left, you could pick a theme. If you tap right, the properties of the currently selected theme would appear. Currently, I think, theme properties are too far away, but are important, need regular fiddling.
Another advantage would be, the chosen theme is displayed in that new row in the content panel.
Quote from: menion on May 12, 2020, 13:57:09

@tapio
I was also thinking about it. Currently, I miss at least the label with the name of the selected theme. I'm just a little worried about the additional space that this item takes... I'll think about it, thanks.

You can still make a little space.
The headings could move up 1-2 mm.
The area that is clicked could be closer to the heading. The heading doesn't have to be clicked. Therefore, the distance does not have to be that big. In order to make the area for the respective heading look better, you can make the heading with a light colored background.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

I was thinking that maybe it should be allowed to define what to display in the map content panel. I never need geotag photos e. g., or active elements.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •