Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

Ricardo Borges

Quote from: menion on April 10, 2020, 14:16:00
@Ricardo Borges
- try the second tap on the center button to start rotation

Thanks! But when I move the map around, the auto rotation is lost, and I have to tap again. Not the same behavior of stable Locus.

Enviado de meu Moto Z3 Play usando o Tapatalk
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

In the latest version of Alpha and Beta, is it no longer possible to use automatic route planning from a starting point based on a specified distance?
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on April 13, 2020, 07:54:08
In the latest version of Alpha and Beta, is it no longer possible to use automatic route planning from a starting point based on a specified distance?
You mean that automatic route creation tool, indeed it is missing. BTW, something similar, a bit more sophisticated, is here: https://maps.openrouteservice.org
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

poutnikl

I remember something like a mentioned design or coding flaw in round trip generator in history logs, so perhaps @menion  has withdrawn it to put better one later.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

lor74cas

A suggestion for the planner:
sometimes I need to switch from automatic to manual design because not all tracks are mapped.
To do this I need to touch the "navigation mode" icon select "manual draw" insert the manual point, then go back to "navigation mode" for switching back to "walk" and go on with the track.
My suggestion is: with a long touch of the + icon for the new point activate the manual draw only for that point. One long touch instead of 5.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

poutnikl

The long touch is already reserved for alternative ways of point selection, similar/same? to the choice of destination in navigation dialog.

lor74cas

Quote from: poutnikl on April 13, 2020, 10:29:26
The long touch is already reserved for alternative ways of point selection, similar/same? to the choice of destination in navigation dialog.

It's true, so what we need it's a new icon in this panel of alternatives for single point manual draw. 2 touches are always better than 5

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

poutnikl

I see just 3 and very fast clicks to switch providers within the planner.

1/tap on the Locus routing profile icon
2/tap to select other  profile
3/tap on the confirmation icon

I am not sure if extra icon is enough gain.

Tapio

...well, and go back, = 6 clicks. I see the point from Lorcas, it's a good point, I also need to use the direct line quite often - but I don't think it's worth another icon.

Maybe longtap on the mode switcher icon would be a solution? Logtap 1: manual draw, longtap 2: return to prior profile.

btw longtap + (add point) brings me... see attachment. I'd prefer Lorcas idea here, logtap+ = manual draw this time.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

poutnikl

Well, those 3 fast taps may be faster than a long tap.... Let Menion evaluate pros and cons.

jonny.blue

A suggestion for the planner:
sometimes I need to switch from automatic to manual design because not all tracks are mapped.

I would appreciate a faster solution too ...  ;)

In many hiking areas routing isn't continuously possible because there seems to be unpassable parts (often bridges or a change of path or just map failures) .. so a faster solution would be very helpful. ::)
  •  

john_percy

Me too

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

poutnikl

I suppose we could have both

+ long tap = alternative point selection as is now
Profile long tap = routing/straight switching

as the latter is still free.

Menion

@poutnikl
- scale ruler in Route planner .. same with the zoom buttons. I've to discuss this with Michal and change the title and description for these functions a little bit and yes, agree, it should.

@jonny.blue
nice search UI issue, thanks. I've not yet tested it on tablets and this is the result :)

@Ricardo Borges
auto-rotation is active as long, as you are centered. Behavior in the current public version is a little problematic as the map rotates even if you move with the map.

@Žajdlík Josef
Ah sorry! My mistake. It was removed by accident, not intent as Libor wrote. Current GraphHopper API does not offer more options for some fine-tunning so I see no option to make it better (from a technical point of view). Anyway, fixed. Btw @tapio, what is the advantage of OpenRouteService routing compare to Locus Map?

---

Quick toggle between routing & manual drawing ...
- extra button ... eh, no, the screen is already too covered by UI, right? ;)
- change in the "+" button ... the current solution has perfect sense I believe
- toggle by long click on the "Route type" button? That's it ... easy, quick and allows to insert more than just one manual button. Once done, long-click to continue in automatic routing.

Implemented, nice discussion, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on April 13, 2020, 20:39:02

- toggle by long click on the "Route type" button? That's it ... easy, quick and allows to insert more than just one manual button. Once done, long-click to continue in automatic routing.

Implemented, nice discussion, thanks.

ok for the button but I think we need something more simple.
A long press to create a line from last point to the new position on the map, like a single/temporary manual mode, no sub-menu to open, just the line to draw at the long touch of the icon. The next point added with the + will be again automatic with the selected profile.
If I need a permanent manual mode, or if I need for more than 1 manual point I'll change the profile as usual. 
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •