Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

Žajdlík Josef

I also include a preview of what the screen might look like when the GPS and Record buttons are combined. See my previous post.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on March 16, 2020, 08:22:00
I also include a preview of what the screen might look like when the GPS and Record buttons are combined. See my previous post.
And what about using the notification system of main button to show the recording status?
Like a blinking red R on top of other notifications. And when the R is there the button should show the rec panel with a right slide.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Still attach the version for the bottom bar shown. Notifications can be solved by changing colors directly in the icon. Since the icon could not be hidden, it would be immediately visible whether GPS or recording is on.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
sorry for a delay, some versions & bug-fixes during last week ...

New Alpha version 3.44.3.1 uploaded to Google Drive for download. News after the start as usual.

@Žajdlík Josef
Thanks for the idea with combined rec/gps button. I can't imagine how this may work. Side recording panel is quite big, same with satellite screen, so how you choose which screen to open? I made a small change in recording button to better fit current design, just for quick test.

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: menion on March 25, 2020, 08:31:06
Hi guys,
New Alpha version 3.44.3.1 .
Hello menion
where to find
- option to add "pass point" during active navigation ?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Start navigation and when it's active, tap on any point. In the bottom toolbar will be a little weird new icon that adds the current point into active navigation and perform recompute.
I've tested it only on "sofa" so it definitely needs some field testing.
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: menion on March 25, 2020, 15:28:18
Start navigation and when it's active, tap on any point.
ok thanks, now i got it ;)
it work for "LoPoints", GC-WPTs and Pois

BTW, please add link to dropbox download for new versions either in first post or in announce post.
This time user has to search for it.... e.g. your post #194
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: menion on March 25, 2020, 08:31:06
@Žajdlík Josef
Thanks for the idea with combined rec/gps button. I can't imagine how this may work. Side recording panel is quite big, same with satellite screen, so how you choose which screen to open? I made a small change in recording button to better fit current design, just for quick test.
Just add a bookmark. So far there are GPS and Compass. Recording would be Recording, GPS and Compass. I feel like these things are related. But it's just such an idea.

Andrew Heard

Alpha version 3.44.3.1
Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on March 25, 2020, 18:21:58
Just add a bookmark. So far there are GPS and Compass. Recording would be Recording, GPS and Compass. I feel like these things are related. But it's just such an idea.
@Žajdlík Josef - bookmark - do you mean function panel button - I agree.

@Menion - Route Planner > new Map-screen content button > Nearest points > need a new menu item so can add a nearest point into the route?

Route Planner > menu > Generate trip - still no action - is there something I can test for you?

Route Planner > swipe from right to left > displays blank panel.

Route Planner > swipe up from bottom > sometimes magnifying glass is displayed - how?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

I think that Josef means by bookmark another TAB. So there should be a screen with three tabs: Recording, GPS, Compass, right?
I just a few days ago thought about separating GPS & Compass so you think exactly opposite :). More tabs > slower display of the screen. Sorry Josef, I'm really not a fan of this "merging" idea. From my point of view, it will really complicate my work and also explanation why these functions are merged and not some others.

@Andrew Heard
Nearest points > hmm this may be useful, agree. For now, it is possible to at least display them on the map ;)

Generate trip > mystery for me. I'll prepare some debug messages for you into the next version.

Swipe from left > I've noticed this as well, thanks for the reminder

Swipe from bottom > no idea :). Isn't it possible that under finger was shaping/via point so you dragged this point?
  •  

freischneider

I have selected in the settings: Hide Zomm buttons. It's the same with the main screen. But it is still shown in the route planner.
The space for planning is already very small with the Smatphone. It is getting smaller. Now the button for map settings has been added.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

freischneider

Route planner: The buttons for planning could be pushed down. This gives you more space for the card. The space below the keys is not suitable for planning.
Remove the copyright sign there. It's on the top right of the main screen.
Do we need the copyright sign at all?
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

SonnyS

Quote from: menion on March 26, 2020, 08:12:20
I think that Josef means by bookmark another TAB. So there should be a screen with three tabs: Recording, GPS, Compass, right?
I just a few days ago thought about separating GPS & Compass so you think exactly opposite :). More tabs > slower display of the screen. Sorry Josef, I'm really not a fan of this "merging" idea. From my point of view, it will really complicate my work and also explanation why these functions are merged and not some others.

@Andrew Heard
Nearest points > hmm this may be useful, agree. For now, it is possible to at least display them on the map ;)

Generate trip > mystery for me. I'll prepare some debug messages for you into the next version.

Swipe from left > I've noticed this as well, thanks for the reminder

Swipe from bottom > no idea :). Isn't it possible that under finger was shaping/via point so you dragged this point?
Agreed , no need to load it down or slow it down. Sometimes less really is more. Same with POI. I turn them on for the area as needed. I haven't missed one yet.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on March 26, 2020, 08:12:20
@menion - yes quite probable as I can't reproduce this unless as you explained
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

The new record stop button is nice. Maybe it could be kept on display and turn on the recording with it. Or press and hold to pause recording. The icon would have to be changed, but that wouldn't be a problem. In order not to commit to planning, it could hide with the bottom panel, but only when there is no recording.

CZ: Nové tlačítko na ukončení záznamu je hezké. Možná by se mohlo nechat stále zobrazené, a záznam s ním i zapínat. Případně dlouhým stiskem záznam pozastavit. Musela by se měnit ikona, ale to by nebyl problém. Aby nezavazelo třeba při plánování, mohlo by se skrývat se spodním panelem, ale jen tehdy pokud neběží záznam.
  •