Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

Žajdlík Josef

Hiding panels using Presets does not work.  See SCR.
  •  

jonny.blue

It should be fully working for all points except geocaches (here is currently an option to display old screen

If you press the 'log-button' Locus stops ... and never come back.

Is this one of the above mentioned open points?

.... and thanks for the new version. 😎
  •  

Menion

@freischneider
- itinerary in Route planner will be closable also by the back press in next version
- discussion about the dual-center button was here few months ago. I think it started somewhere here. Generally, centering & rotation enabled and then move with a map. The button should reflect, you are not anymore centered, but to disable rotation, you first had to re-center.

@lor74cas
ah Jim, my favorite :)

Menu visibility > understand your point. Maybe as some kind of advanced config, we will see. In LM4, I'm trying to give the main menu a lot bigger importance then it is in the current public version. With this system, you may have 9 most important features available after one tap ... and I see this as a huge advantage.

@balloni55
- offline logging (generally logging directly from the map) fixed
- "Invalid token", hmm ... maybe re-login? It works Ok for me.
- not saved WPT coordinates ... added to TODO

@lor74cas
- the style for the main menu is still not 100% done, thanks for the idea
- "REC button" > it is the only remaining button on the left side and to be true, I would like to get rid of it ... just have to find out how :)

@zossebart
- ah, fullscreen + software buttons, I see it too thanks!

@Josef Žajdlík
panels > I know. The new version has new three options so it uses different settings. There are already more settings that needs to adapt to these changes ... I'm adding it to my TODO list, just for sure

@jonny.blue
problem already reported, will be fixed, thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quote- "Invalid token", hmm ... maybe re-login? It works Ok for me.
although i could login to GS with PRO and GC4L the problem with LM4 was that cookies were not allowed in the Samsung browser, with accepted cookies i can login
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

john_percy

What I'd like is for the map to recenter on the appropriate Via Point or Shaping Point when I tap its icon in the new Route Planner - or it could be an option on the triple dot overflow menu. Or is there already some other way of achieving that?

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org

Žajdlík Josef

I don't know if it's a mistake or an intention. When moving points in the Itinerary, the sections are not recalculated according to the original profile. The last used routing profile is used for recalculation. See SCR.
  •  

Menion

@john_percy
I'll look at it, make sense, thanks

@Žajdlík Josef
when you modify any segment, the last defined profile is used ... always ... even now. Not sure if keeping used profile makes a lot more sense than the current solution.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

OK.  It would seem logical to me that if I have the same walking profile in segments 1-4, and if I switch segments 2-3, then the walking profile is used again.  But I understand that in segments where profiles change, it would be difficult to decide which to use.

CZ: V pořádku. Logické by mi přišlo, že když mám v segmentech 1-4 stejný profil pro chůzi, a přehodím segmenty 2-3, tak se opět použije profil chůze. Chápu ale, že v segmentech, kde se mění profily by bylo rozhodování, který použít obtížné.
  •  

freischneider

@ Menion: If the card is moved, it is currently turning off automatically. Then I don't have to turn it off. It's a good thing, because if I move the map and it rotates, it won't be good to find a destination.
I have a small advantage if I switch off the rotation (which is already off) when the card is moved. It faces north. But I think that very few people need this function. And I can do that in another way. I take out the twist and only then move the card.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: john_percy on March 05, 2020, 13:54:46
What I'd like is for the map to recenter on the appropriate Via Point or Shaping Point when I tap its icon
brilliant idea @john_percy
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

lor74cas

Hello,
if the main menu appears sliding from bottom and the rec from the right, I suggest to use a graphics that explain this. Also the action to open both should use the sliding.
When recording  change the "on screen" button in red and add the sliding symbol.
Sliding you can activate the rec panel, with a touch the "on screen" panel as usual.

Sliding from bottom of the main menu, at first you can have the custom buttons, with another all the others functions or, just an other idea, touching for the custom and sliding for all the function.

Look at the attached file, yes I did it, maybe my daughter would have done better with her colored pencils
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

And new version with "small" surprise in route planner for long sunny weekend.

Enjoy it!

Version: download.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Andrew Heard on March 03, 2020, 21:47:50
Quote from: menion on March 03, 2020, 14:05:56
Are you really using BRouter? This looks more like an alternative route that should be produced by online GraphHopper.
@menion - I am really using BRouter :)

I saw similar route color coding in this topic although no mention of GraphHopper or BRouter.
@menion - my apologies - I've never used GraphHopper but just checked my settings - V4 has defaulted to GraphHopper - that explains the extra route planner purple lines. Whoops.
  •  

Andrew Heard

route planner - nice improvement - but tap on the itinerary list item - map point is often hidden behind the itinerary list. Although I like the itinerary list graphs, maybe by default the graphs are hidden so more list items can be displayed in a more compact format, and so more of the map is visible when the itinerary item is panned into view (say 50/50 split between map & list)?

settings > Generate Trip > nothing happens?
  •  

lor74cas

Starting track recording from main menu the panel is shown in background without focus

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •