Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

freischneider

When you hide the bottom bar, the following happens.
Image 1 The center button moves down. I like that. This leaves more space for the card above.
Image 2 The "3 line menu" moves upwards. I do not like that. This leaves less space for the card.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Some suggestions for the alpha version. I apologize for the Czech, I would not be able to handle such a long text in English.

1) Itinerář v plánovači tras. Moc hezká funkce. Co mi nesudí je nekonzistence ovládání. Itinerář spustím tlačítkem nahoře (červený kroužek) ale už ho nemohu stejným tlačítkem ukončit. Ukončení lze provést pouze stažením dolů, což se v Locusu moc nevyužívá.
2) Řazení bodů v itineráři. Je moc hezké, že má každý úsek svůj graf. Bylo by ale dobré, kdyby se grafy skryly při stisku přesouvacího tlačítka (zelený ovál). Body by se tak snadněji přesouvaly. Pokud je jich totiž na trati více, je seznam s grafy docela dlouhý.
3) Nad grafy v itineráři je symbol kola s názvem routovacho profilu. Ten ale nekoresponduje s názvem, který jsem si uživatelsky přestavil. Například mě se tam zobrazuje "krátká", ale název mám uživatelsky přepsaný na "kolo 3v4" a používám vlastní profil.
4) Nová obrazovka bodu. Na rozdíl od itineráře se tato obrazovka dá ukončit pouze kliknutím do mapy. To je další způsob ovládání. Bylo by dobré to sjednotit s ostatními panely. Buď křížkem nebo šipkou. Případně zvážit i stažením dolů jako u itineráře.
5) Vzhled úvodní obrazovky. Tohle už je možná uzavřeno, ale přeci jen to zkusím. Pořád mi na tom vzhledu nesedí taková ta kulatohranatá kombinace. Zkusil jsem tedy zaoblit dva rohy v SCR a přikládám k posouzení, zda by to vzhled nevylepšilo.

Jsou to jen takové podněty, není potřeba na to nijak reagovat, zkuste to ovládání a případně vzhled prodiskutovat v týmu. Přikládám SCR z tabletu.

•  

freischneider

The compass needle blocks the view of the map. You can integrate them in a circle below.

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on March 03, 2020, 14:05:56
Are you really using BRouter? This looks more like an alternative route that should be produced by online GraphHopper.
@menion - I am really using BRouter :)

I saw similar route color coding in this topic although no mention of GraphHopper or BRouter.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
- FC when adding photo-point: fixed, thanks
- icon & time (as name): ah, good point, I'll look at it
- Map manager > what you see is my attempt for completely new Map manager that should in the end, replace old one

@john_percy
ah. On my device, Locus Store button is visible just from half, so it is more obvious, that menu may be pulled up. I'll try to improve it, thanks.

JoxM
1. hmm I'll check it, thanks
2. this one is intent. When playing with app at home, I sometimes also consider this as unwanted behavior. On second side, this should solve quite common problem in the field, when for some reason, you forget to enable GPS in app and have to do it manually. As you see, I'm anyway not perfectly sure, it's the best solution.

freischneider
- leaving itinerary in Route planner should be done by simple swipe down, does not work? Back press currently close whole screen > issue, will be fixed
- the move of the menu when bottom panel hides: well, please consider this as a necessary visual effect. Firsly I, of course, had a menu at the bottom, but it looks really really bad :).
- compass needle > this was discussed here a lot and unfortunately, it is not possible. One button (center + rotate) does not cover all possibilities and combinations. There are always needed two buttons.

@Žajdlík Josef
nice feedback, thanks!
Some mentioned problems are caused by simple fact, that you played with the app on the tablet. I plan to do this on the tablet little bit different and the current version is not yet ready.
Anyway all points except 5 > absolutely agree, thanks, will do something with it.
5. I hope you will get used to it ;). It's not yet 100% final, but mostly yes ...

@Andrew Heard
hmm, BRouter ... will have to play more with it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

freischneider

@ Menion: leaving the menu route down goes with me. I just didn't know how and tried it wrong. But I think that the problem will come more often (or I'm particularly stupid) Tip: since then you have had an x to leave the menu. That was a visual aid. For swiping down (top, side) you could also do a visual aid. Instead of the x you could make an arrow here.
I will look at the subject of the compass needle again and report if necessary.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

freischneider

@ Menion: I don't know what I need a 2nd button with a compass needle for. I did tests with the 2nd button and the only function I found was to turn turning off. I can also do this with the lower button.
  •  

lor74cas

First impression:
https://gph.is/g/ZPJNoDV

I use auto-hide for all panels, I like the full map, I do not like too much the button of menu visible while all is hided, see attachment.
For my case of use the menu button gives access to something I do not usually need while focusing on the map, It'd be more convenient if it show up with the double touch of the map as the other hided menus.

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker

freischneider

Quote from: lor74cas on March 04, 2020, 10:55:20
First impression:
https://gph.is/g/ZPJNoDV

I use auto-hide for all panels, I like the full map, I do not like too much the button of menu visible while all is hided, see attachment.
For my case of use the menu button gives access to something I do not usually need while focusing on the map, It'd be more convenient if it show up with the double touch of the map as the other hided menus.
Same opinion, I don't need the menu either. I want to see as little as possible.
  •  

balloni55

Quote1. App crash when pressing the "Log" button while being in pop-up of geocache.
- confirm crash while offline log

- it is not possible for me login to GS > token is invalid :-[
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

if i change coords from a geocache WPT and confim it, the changed coords are not saved
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: john_percy on March 03, 2020, 16:53:14
It's far from clear that Settings is to be found not be tapping More Functions (picture 1) but by sliding the pop up menu further up (picture 2).

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk
+1
I think the "More function" button should be an icon to slide the bottom menu with the section Store, info, settings first and than all the more functions.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

the rec button overlaps the other buttons
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

zossebart

The itinerary looks great and the reorder feature is very nice!

I have a problem with the point screen when shown directly by a tap on the map...the bottom bar is not at the bottom and therefore, not the whole point info can be seen, even when sliding up.
I think it has something to do with the soft buttons my device uses (even when they are not shown) ...unfortunately, they are not captured by a screenshot on my device.

Gesendet von meinem D5503 mit Tapatalk

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

JoxM

Quote from: menion on March 04, 2020, 07:36:07
JoxM
2. this one is intent. When playing with app at home, I sometimes also consider this as unwanted behavior. On second side, this should solve quite common problem in the field, when for some reason, you forget to enable GPS in app and have to do it manually. As you see, I'm anyway not perfectly sure, it's the best solution.

Understood.
But as planning trips at home and using the button quite often, it's annoying to stop GPS every time to prevent high battery usage.
Forget to turn on GPS in the field should normally be found out very quickly.
Perhaps you can build in an option to start it automatically or not.
  •