GPS weird

Started by MartyMcFly89, November 24, 2019, 10:41:47

MartyMcFly89

I'd like to ask if anyone experienced these "spikes" - I was standing still and suddenly I saw myself on display going away.
Recently I've tried to change gps.conf file in Android settings to fix another bug. Maybe it's related.

So does this seem familiar to someone?
  •  

Menion

No to me, sorry.
If even after changes in gps.conf this problem occurs, you may give a try and enable Locus > settings > GPS & sensors > Google services assisted location. This use also sensors to detect your position so it may (just my guess) help to filter such errors.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: WilfriedB

ohgood

location settings>> GPS ONLY
or
location settings >> device only

then turn OFF all the power saving features in android settings

turn OFF "battery optimization"in android settings for locus also

if it's set to settings>>> high accuracy 
i will give terrible GPS hops all over the place, partially because it's trying to use cellular/wifi but mostly because the battery saving junk is turning off the GPS antenna and getting bad fixes when starting up again
  •  

Menion

Hmm, when this system settings affect the recording in the app, it looks more on a problem in the system than Locus Map.

Are you using original ROM or some rooted alternative?

Suggest to give a try to Locus Map > settings > GPS & sensor > Google assisted services location. This option takes care of some dirty work that otherwise does Locus itself and on most devices, it should work without a problem and even improve accuracy a little bit. So give it a try.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •