[APP] - version 3.41.+ ( 7. 11. 2019 )

Started by Menion, November 07, 2019, 20:46:21

bezel

Hello menion!

I am very, very sorry - but I have to contact you again concerning track recording and gps-signal.
Still I do have huge problems - I contacted you already about the last version, but the problem remains the same:

when recording a track, switching off the display causes sometimes that the gps signal gets lost and there is then no gps signal anymore (option "GPS Signal remains activated during track recording even when display is turned off" is activated) - and so no track recording is possible.

I tried it now several times with different settings, I tried it when driving a car, walking or riding the bike:
sometimes there are no problems, but mostly unexpectetedly GPS-signal aborts after a while when the display is turned off.
(NO energy mode, hardware GPS is allways on!)

Can you please check this?!
Thank you very much!
  •  

Menion

@tapio
- weird zoom numbers ... it depends :). Locus on many places uses zoom values shifted by 8 compared to what you probably know.

- thanks for the video. Crazy, never seen something like this. Does it happen only when enabled fullscreen in the app?

- "Interpolators" ... I'll check it.

@bezel
Hello, no need to write sorry, I'll gladly try to help if possible.

Anyway I may hardly check anything here ...

As I wrote the answer to your previous post here ... nothing has changed since that.

Optimizations of how the system tries to save battery are more and more aggressive and such problems will be more frequent I believe. So it is necessary to really check if all optimizations are disabled for tracking with the screen turned off, as we describe here.

I know nothing about your device, but usually, Huawei & Xiaomi are the worst ... check this nice and little sad page. May be helpful.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

V 3.41.0.3
thanks for test version of "map grid"
first impression:
- values are partly concealed
- values are only displayed with map north up
- coordinate type didn´t follow settings e.g. UTM
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

@Menion
But: Intent zoom numbers should correspond with those which can be seen on longtap on +/-

I've checked. Nervous effect only in Locus/Fullscreen + use of notch area.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

john_percy

@tapio @menion
In any case, zoom number on top bar (eg 11) doesn't correspond to zoom number in slider (eg 13). See example screenshot.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

I removed these zoom numbers some time ago for a moment, but on requests, I've added them back.

Seems it is time to remove them completely. "Zoom" as a number is generally nonsense, only what makes sense is how much of the map is visible, so "scale".

Zoom in the top toolbar display "Which map layer is used", not precisely zoom value as you know from OpenStreetmaps. Where the zoom value in this "quick zoom" match scale precisely. So in your case, you have a resolution like when you use any online map at zoom 13, but your vector maps here use data from zoom level 11.

Really really suggest to forget on zoom values and used them only for some bug reports etc. Otherwise, they have no usage mainly in the latest app versions when internally app does not work with zoom values anymore.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Whatever the terminology is, please make them consistent with the Intent numbers...
  •  

Menion

Sorry, but this won't happen. Intent numbers are based on current existing internal system.
Do you know custom online providers > system for own online maps? Check "zoomPart" value, see? And this is maybe 8 years old system.

Anyway, understand that most of the users are more familiar with values that are currently visible in the top toolbar, so this value is ok.

So for a few users that needs to deal with zoom values over Locus API or intents like you, keep in mind that these values are based on 2^X system, so first zoom level with single 256x256px tile is "8" (2^8 = 256).
  •  

Tapio

Hey, I understand, no problem.

I have a question about future app communication via intent system. Will we be able to start any app and send any intent? I am asking, because the people from Meteoblue.com weather app sent me information about their apps intent. And I am interested to start it from Locus. All it needs is at least lat, lon and asl. So it could work because Locus offers those. I did not yet fully understand the system I admit...

If anyone is interested:
QuoteDie meteoblue Android App unterstützt Intents, um die App mit einem gewünschten Ort aufzurufen. Der Intent hierfür heißt "location_intent_extra" und benötigt den gewünschten Ort als JSON in einem eigenen "Location"-Datenformat:
{
    ID: string,
    Url: string,
    Name: string,
    Iso2: string,
    Admin1: string,
    Lat: double,
    Lon: double,
    Asl?: int,
    Timezone: string,
    Population: int,
    Icao: string,
    IsFavorite: boolean,
    Updated?: DateTimeOffset,
    Postcodes: List<string>,
}
Zum Abrufen der Wetterdaten werden ausschließlich Lat, Lon, und Asl verwendet, alle anderen Informationen dürfen vernachlässigt werden.
In C# sähe die Erstellung eines Intents folgendermaßen aus:
var intentList = new Intent(context, typeof(MainActivity));
intentList.SetFlags(ActivityFlags.NewTask | ActivityFlags.ClearTask);
intentList.PutExtra("location_intent_extra", location.ToJson());
  •  

Menion

I'm worried this won't work with Locus Map.
The problem here is that they need to send generated JSON as a part of the so-called "Intent" object under key "location_intent_extra". This is currently not possible to specify in Locus Map. Once we move to this low-level setup of generated requests (away from simple one Url parameter), the feature will become almost unusable for most users and we then should rename Locus Map to "Locus Tasker Map" :).

Did you try to send basic "geo:lat,lon" intent? Maybe it will be also handled by this weather app.
  •  

Tapio

I see. Locus Tasker, haha... No, it does not work, "Open with" appears even though I picked the app before. And "open with" only offers Navigation apps.
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: balloni55 on November 18, 2019, 08:35:56
V 3.41.0.3 5
thanks for test version of "map grid"
first impression:
- values are partly concealed
- values are only displayed with map north up solved
- coordinate type didn´t follow settings e.g. UTM
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hi balloni, thanks for the feedback.

UTM or any other coordinates system are quite complicated to do. So I have this in the todo list, but ... later ;)

And texts below toolbars. Hmm also quite complicated task ...  :P
  •  

Tapio

I was surprised, Locus is able to turn on GPS if it needs it - but not on navigation/guidance? Should be included IMO.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: tramp20

tramp20

Quote from: tapio on November 29, 2019, 17:31:19
I was surprised, Locus is able to turn on GPS if it needs it - but not on navigation/guidance? Should be included IMO.

I am missing this too.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •