LoMap problems after moving Locus to new phone

Started by NickJP, November 05, 2019, 05:39:53

NickJP

I followed the instructions at https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:move_to_new_device_sd_card to move Locus from my Pixel phone (original model) to a Pixel 4. I set the new phone up from scratch rather than moving my apps and configuration to the new phone. The problem I had was that after having completed all the steps in the Locus move instructions, although my purchased LoMaps were there under the Locus/mapsVector folder, and Locus could see them there (they showed up when I opened the Locus menu and selected Maps / Region etc), if I selected any LoMap and then asked Locus to center the map, rather than the LoMap it displayed an online map instead.

I had to download all the LoMaps again from the Locus store to be able to use them in Locus. Both old and new phones were running Android 10 and Locus Pro 3.40.2
  •  

Menion

Hello Nick,
after download, the map works correctly? Then it looks to me that your transfer was not successful. In the case of using MTP protocol on Windows, it is not un-usual.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

NickJP

No, I used ftp via my WiFi network (Ftp Server Pro on the phone and Filezilla on the PC), both to backup the Locus folder from the old phone and to restore it to the new phone. With WAPs supporting 802.11ac, I can get throughput of about 300Mbps over ftp to/from the phone, considerably better than with any cabled connection I've tried. I also used the same ftp client and server to move several other things (brouter segments and profiles, 60Gb of music files, ) from the old to new phone, and they came across without any problem, so I don't think the LoMap problem was with the file transfer.
  •  

Menion

Oki, understand.
So is there anything I may help now?

It should be useful to compare the checksum of files and in case of the positive result, create a log at the moment, you try to display the map. Inside of the log may be visible reason why LM refuses your maps.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

NickJP

I think it's too late to usefully create a log, as the newly downloaded maps on the phone have overwritten the maps that were giving problems.
  •