Improved Track edit options and altitude saving

Started by fricek, June 05, 2011, 23:05:06

fricek

Please add options for editting my path waypoints after path is saved (move, remove, add new waypoints).

Stopy se mi moc libi, pekne udelane. chybi mi ale moznost editovat jiz ulozenou stopu (jde pouze menit nazev, popis apod.). Chybi moznost editivat waypointy v ulozene stope - napr. udelal jsem si trasu, ulozil, ale mam v ni chybu, potrebuju jeden bod trasy presunout jinam nabo tento bod smazata trasu zkratit atd... Nevim jak na to. Stopy lze slucovat coz je celkem dobre ale hodila by se moznost sve stopy i editovat podobne jako pri tvorbe nove stopy kdy lze waypointy posouvat a mazat (po ulozeni uz nejde). Proc kvuli jednomu waipointu delat celou stopu uplne od zacatku ? :-)

Thank you ;-)

Edit: 15.6. 2011 "path" -> "Track" :-) sorry for my English
  •  

fricek

Next idea...Save waypoints altitude too when creating a path. It would be usefull for viewing in graph. You would see whole your path and know how far your finish is and what is your next waypoint altitude even you are offline (sometimes it is hard to find good signal in forest or mountains)

Jeste me napadlo... Locus umi zobrazit nadmorskou vysku libovolneho bodu na mape. Dalo by se to nejak vyuzit u planovani trasy? Napr. kdyz vytvarim novou stopu a pridavam do ni waypointy - co treba ukladat i nadmorskou vysku jednotlivych waypointu? Clovek by si pak mohl spustit graf i u trasy kterou jeste neprosel a videl by napr. prevyseni, co ho ceka atd... Ukladani nadmorskych vysek by se dost hodilo.

PS: pokud by jste chtel mit Locus jeste promakanejsi, dalo by se napr. nastavovat "interval generace invisible waypointu", ktere by fungovaly nejak takto: Udelam si trasu (stopu) o delce 5 km. Budu v ni mit ale jen 3 waypointy (takze napr. StartWaypoint,rovna cara 2km, StredwmWaypoint, rovna cara 3km, KonecWaypoint). Interval generovani "invisible waypointu" nastavim na 100m. Locus ulozi trasu se 3mi waypointy a zjisti k nim nm. vysku + ulozi si 50 waypointu (po 100 metrech) na trase, ktere nejsou videt, a ulozi k nim take jejich nm. vysku. Pak si u ulozene trasy bude moci uzivatel zobrazit graf napr. y=nadmorska vyska bodu x, kde x budou jednotlive waypointy (tedy i vzdalenost vzdusnou carou). Mohla by se dat spocitat i skutecna vzdalenost (stoupani a klesani) apod.

Zaver: myslim si ze ukladat k waypointu i nm. vysku by nebyl spatny napad - do te sqlitedb by se to vejit mohlo... otazka je jak moc slozity zasah do soucasneho programu by to byl. Klidne jsem pro podporu teto funkce jen v placené PRO verzi.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  are you sure about path editing? I think that this is not a good idea to do this on phone. You'll never be precise as on computer. I'm also worried about too complexity for me and for users as well. When you want to edit wrongly created track, I suggest to be sure you want store this track and edit it before save :). If you want to edit recorded tracks, I really suggest usage of GPSies web service

About altitudes ... I was planning something with this, so I did it during tomorrow and today morning. Now you can fill altitude to all points on track or to selected points in any category (very useful for augmented reality for example)

About interval for generating altitude .. I think actual solution is fine. You create new path with enabled online compute (for bike for example). After that go to Tracks screen, tap on track, press "Fill altitude" and whole track will now be with elevation (so elevation profile in Pro works ;) )

PS: also please, when you want to write in Czech, place new topic to Czech part, not in global English ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "menion"Hi,
  are you sure about path editing? I think that this is not a good idea to do this on phone. You'll never be precise as on computer. I'm also worried about too complexity for me and for users as well. When you want to edit wrongly created track, I suggest to be sure you want store this track and edit it before save :). If you want to edit recorded tracks, I really suggest usage of GPSies web service

I mostly agree with you. I export tracks and edit them in either Google Earth or KML builder. I'll have to try the GPSies service, because there are some things I can't do in either GE or KML builder: reverse tracks, join tracks, update altitude data.

But I would like limited editing capability in Locus. I would like to be able to split a track at a given point, and join two tracks into one track with only one segment (rather than what we can already do, which is create a track with two segments). I would like this because if sometime I am out, and want to change the route, I could do so based on more then one existing track on my phone (or even create a new one manually, and splice it onto an existing track).  

Quote from: "menion"About altitudes ... I was planning something with this, so I did it during tomorrow and today morning. Now you can fill altitude to all points on track or to selected points in any category (very useful for augmented reality for example)

Thanks  :D  That solves one problem. I was thinking of asking for this, because I have edited tracks in which the altitude data is no longer correct. I couldn't figure out any way to fix it, but now I can. I just tried it on one track and it worked perfectly.  :D
  •  

fricek

Quote from: "menion"PS: also please, when you want to write in Czech, place new topic to Czech part, not in global English ...

OK, I thought if I choose English/Czech post, more people would be able to google it or react on similar problem. However my English is not so good to fully example what I mean - that was the reason why I added Czech version below. I will use Czech forum next time :-)

Thanks for "fill elevation" option. Combined with Graph, it is very useful  :idea:
Already checked. Good work !

Quote from: "menion"About interval for generating altitude .. I think actual solution is fine.
So hhow does the actual solution work?  Does it save altitude only for created Waypoints ?
The more waypoints, the more accurate measuring ? (Just want to know if I should add waypoint before and after hill)   :D

Thanks
  •  

Menion

About altitude fill - you're welcome. I tested it during trip last days and as you say ... very usable :)

About second part. I do not interpolate any points. I just fill data to every point in track. Anyway I used "Create new track" mode together with ability to compute track by YOURS service (online), so I had full track with all important points and I filled this path with altitude. Anyway if you create path completely by your own, I suggest to place one point below hill and second on top of hill to have better elevation profile ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

fricek

Quote from: "menion"Anyway I used "Create new track" mode together with ability to compute track by YOURS service (online), so I had full track...

Long time didnt know what you mean with "Yours service". Now, finaly, Ive found it. Amazing tool ! Never heard about route computing before. With this function I got enaught waypoints for detailed graph view.

Maybe change that arrow icon in "creating new track " menu. I thought it is just some aditional info. I would rather use that "walking man" icon for route computing instead of arrow...
  •