[APP] - version 3.40.+ ( 2. 10. 2019 )

Started by Menion, October 02, 2019, 13:38:28

Menion

I ask myself a similar question Libor :). Security, protection, "sandbox" for apps ... all this together ends in highly limited storage access ...

So you both have same use-case: backup of settings only to work with Beta versions. Beta testers: ~0.5% of all users ... hmm
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

poutnikl

I guess beta testers will survive the removal :-)

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 9, via Tapatalk

Tapio

Quote from: menion on October 30, 2019, 17:45:45and language in Locus TTS settings.
Oh, I wasn't aware of the tts language setting, I thought it's derived of the UI language. My bad, sorry. Changed tts language in Locus from czech to german, works.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

For my beta testing, I do not use backup/restore, but use either the same data sources or copy some folders from stable to beta before Locus start. I hope its a valid approach. See screenshots.
Means also, settings, toolbar, config file, those are independent and have to be managed independent from stable.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

CabrioTourer42

I'm using Foldersync to share Locus to multiple devices. I sync some subfolders wich includes tracks, setup etc.
For beta it might be enough to collect all in one folder and ask beta testers to use an external sync app.

This app will not work in Android 11. Wtf.......
  •  

CabrioTourer42

Multiple crashes when searching for an adress online.
I have the feeling it depends on the adress I search for.
Might be an old bug. I don't know.

V 3.40.2.3
  •  

Menion

@tapio
heh, you have really sophisticated system, nice :)

@CabrioTourer42
thanks for the log, got it!

And "This app will not work in Android 11. Wtf." ... it will, just app will have to store data in private "android/data" directory => a) not shared between Free & Pro and mainly b) whole directory deleted when app un-installed  :(

lor74cas

Are the FIT files exported from locus compatible with Garmin Connect?
I tried to export from locus to FIT format to uplaod the file to Garmin Connect.
The track was recorded with locus using also the ant+ data from hr of my garmin 235, for this reason I used the FIT format but, Garmin Connect doesn't like it not in the form of activity neither as route.
So I used the gpx 1.1 to include hr data, Connect liked it but HR data were not imported, this is a fault of Garmin because I can see the hr data in the gpx file.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

Hmm with FIT files it is really a pain to do anything. So the current system is made with the method "try this, try that" and it will be maybe working.
Generally, if something does not work as expected, I need to simulate it. In this case, I need in the best case a file from Locus Map and file how it should look like. So if is possible to supply me something like this, I'll gladly look, where is the difference.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on November 04, 2019, 08:52:38
Hmm with FIT files it is really a pain to do anything. So the current system is made with the method "try this, try that" and it will be maybe working.
Generally, if something does not work as expected, I need to simulate it. In this case, I need in the best case a file from Locus Map and file how it should look like. So if is possible to supply me something like this, I'll gladly look, where is the difference.
Hello Menion,
I do not usually upload FIT files to Connect, but I send there GPX files exported by Locus, the FIT files are provided directly form my Garmin Forerunner 235.
If you need it I'll try to create a Locus FIT file with HR and a Garmin Fit file from the 235 at the same time so you can compare the results but meanwhile I tried to upload the Locus FIT file to Strava and it worked like a charm. So the issue is from Garmin Connect side, I think they want only special FIT files created from their devices.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Christian

Tracks are frequently not loaded completely into the Route Planer. See two screenshots here.
The Track shown in the screenshot was generated by Brouter Web and imported and edited in Locus Map some days ago. Now when i load it into the Route Planer the part of the track from start to waypoint 1 is missed. That happens to me some weeks ago with another track. :(
  •  

Menion

And another month behind us ... and winter is almost here ... seems to be a quite "quick" year for me this time.

The little sentiment, sorry. New version published *** 3.41 *** and available to all users already for a few hours. No serious issue is known to me after a day of public testing = so looks good :).

@lor74cas
Garmin is always too strict with handling its own format. I and many users spend many days to give proper support for Basecamp app so what you wrote is no surprise. On second side, I remember reports that FIT from Locus worked to some people also in Garmin Connect. So there maybe is something to fix.

@Christian
I never noticed this problem, but it will be definitely a little complicated to solve. Tracks stored in Locus Map database has, among others, stored small configuration how they may be loaded into route planner. Any of this config is not exported to any format. So to be able to properly fix it, I, unfortunately, need a) exact steps to simulate it or b) full backup of your Locus Map where will be points&tracks database so I'll be able to use the same data as you.

New version: https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6789.0