[APP] - version 3.40.+ ( 2. 10. 2019 )

Started by Menion, October 02, 2019, 13:38:28

Tapio

See attachment, it is independent from the picked preset. It just does not change preset at all on start of routing.
TTS speaks czech again.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Christian

Quote from: menion on October 14, 2019, 16:00:05@Christian
problem with generating preview sound quite complicated to me. What means "start Locus from side panel"? Maybe the video of this process is possible?

Display additional track ... click billion times? :). I see that first back press display list of folders and second click than return to the previous track. So maybe the first click does not work as before? I'm checking the app source code and see no difference, hmm. Anyway fastest how to display new track, same as with points, is to tap on track overview. This immediately display track on the map and return directly to the map screen.
Side Panel means Samsung UI's Side Panel / Edge Display.

Regarding the number of taps to go back on map screen - there was a faster way before :(
A "folder" item in track popup would be helpful.

Sometimes Track editor (since ancient times) and also Route Planer crash without any warning when it is used excessively. I guess it's a matter of memory. This happened frequently on my old Note and on my new S8 also.

Waypoints stored within / merged with a track can not deleted since last final version. I'm so tires of this.
btw: the user manual is not up to date.

•  

Menion

@tapio
thanks, I'll try to play with it little more, because I'm still unable to simulate it.

@Christian
"Back press": I've just installed fresh 3.37.2 version
- tap on the track on the map > open detail > click on the right arrow opens list of tracks in the same folder > eye to display another track > back press display list of folders! > back press display first track detail > back press to map .. so 3x back press

Current version:
- exactly the same steps! - so 3x back press

Whare is the difference? As I wrote before, tap instead of the eye on the track preview to get directly to map!

Track editor, Route planner crashes, as usually, needs an error log after the issue happens.

Waypoint:
- open track detail, waypoints tab > delete button in context menu works.
- track on the map, tap on track waypoints > popup menu "delete" works

Christian, you seems little angry, but sorry, I see nothing I may help here (not "nothing I may improve", for example back should be reduced logically on two steps by excluding "folders" view, will check it). (EDIT: should be improved in next Beta).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

Preset on routing along track is working now. Also, after routing, it switches back to the prior settings. Very good.
But TTS insists on speaking czech. I toggled between System and German language, no change.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Presets: perfect.

Czech in TTS is more interesting. Write to me please what is language of your device, language set in Locus Map and TTS engine and language in Locus TTS settings. I'll try to set the same to simulate it ... thanks.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Christian

Quote from: menion on October 29, 2019, 18:13:14
@tapio
thanks, I'll try to play with it little more, because I'm still unable to simulate it.

@Christian
"Back press": I've just installed fresh 3.37.2 version
- tap on the track on the map > open detail > click on the right arrow opens list of tracks in the same folder > eye to display another track > back press display list of folders! > back press display first track detail > back press to map .. so 3x back press

Current version:
- exactly the same steps! - so 3x back press

Whare is the difference? As I wrote before, tap instead of the eye on the track preview to get directly to map!

Track editor, Route planner crashes, as usually, needs an error log after the issue happens.

Waypoint:
- open track detail, waypoints tab > delete button in context menu works.
- track on the map, tap on track waypoints > popup menu "delete" works

Christian, you seems little angry, but sorry, I see nothing I may help here (not "nothing I may improve", for example back should be reduced logically on two steps by excluding "folders" view, will check it). (EDIT: should be improved in next Beta).
I'm not angry but disappointed about the quality of your new code in existing modules, the way you respond and my wasted time and all the recurrent questions of my bikemates ("why is this broken? When will it be fixed? Last time it ran properly, today not. Why? When will it be fixed again?").
Yes the waypoints can be deleted, but the screen was not refreshed. So it looked like that nothing happened even when i tried ten times. That took me some hours and phone calls to figure it out and report back to the mates...
A similar case happened some weeks ago when waypoint could not created. Quite boring :(
There are still some issues to report.

Note: I'm the one who recommended Locus Map to all my bike and running mates to have the same platform. Now I'm the one being asked when something is not working properly and the one to have to care about. Now we wait for the new Locus Map Platinum Expert Eternity Version and it's amount of fee and check the quality of the app next year. When the errors remain in the developement process we will switch to another app all together. An app is a tool not a lifelong task for users. Imho. Our task is to plan some tracks easily, go outdoors and have some fun guided by a reliable app and than forget all the stupid things of the working days. When the app produces some errors the stupid things remain and the fun is broken down.

When the Track Editor or the Route Planer crash I'm p***** 'cause all my edits are gone and the time is wasted. I have to do this again with the fear of that can happen again. Some times I do it three or more  times.
So I will NOT spend any more additional time in creating debug logs, sending big personal data over Internet, writing description in the forum with screenshots or something else! As I wrote it some years ago I'm not a beta and software tester nor for money. Do you have an sufficient error reporting in your App? Fine! Otherwise you have to figure it out by yourself because you are the responsible person. Call me old and conservative - in my youth the developers debuged and tested  the software excessively by itself BEFORE releasing it. But that is quite oldfashioned nowadays. Today the users do it. Except me.
Thank you for reading and understanding.

And thank you for the improvement of the "3x back press" by excluding "folders" view. An additional item in track popup would be enough.
  •  

Menion

Hi Christian,
partially understand. So just a few points
- The quality of the code is average. It always was. I never wrote tests and did all testing in the field and thanks to active users. Can't imagine different workflow for a complex app with a single developer.
- the way I respond: direct, open, friendly ... anything wrong? Point me on a problem to make my communication better, thanks.
- your wasted time: we communicate maybe 6 or even more years? I just hope, not all the time you spend on the forum and with Locus was not completely wasted ...
- problems & questions from bikemates: you may always simply forward them on our support, it is our problem, not yours.
- Platinum Eternity version is our chance to have more than three people in the team and also a chance for all to receive updates for more than a few next years.
- quality of the app based on subscription has to be definitely higher, so I expect less frequent updates and more internal testing
- If I do not miss anything, you did not reported crashes in RP or TE. You spend more time writing about it here and writing about "I won't do any logs" , then, in reality, take creating one log. But ok, the issue won't be solved until I receive from any other guy log, or information on how to simulate this problem.
For your information, I use the so-called "Crashlytics" system for automatic collection of app crashes. Currently, I see total of 9900 crashes during the last 30 days (557 different problems). I always solve the first 10 - 50 most often. So rare problems like yours are definitely hidden somewhere deep ... maybe 50% or more problems are specific for some devices. Most of them is currently unsolvable because they are in some system component and I spend days and days by searching how to hack it ...

Thanks all ... anyway, understand your points and no one force anyone to help fix bugs I made during my dark nights.

slarti76

One thing about the backups I just stumbled over:
When I do the "Settings only" backup, it diesn't include the "presets" folder. That kinda seems wrong to me - presets are a very important part of settings system, I'd say.
  •  

Menion

Are you sure? Just check the content of the generated zip backup. Presets should be there (directory data/presets).
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: menion on October 31, 2019, 06:22:48
Are you sure? Just check the content of the generated zip backup. Presets should be there (directory data/presets).
Yes, I'm sure, I checked the backups of several devices, all only included data/config (plus config*.cfg and _various). Mind you, talking about the "settings only" backup, the full backups contain the presets alright.
  •  

Menion

Ah sorry, you are correct.
Maybe a question: does it make sense to do "settings only" backups? When I see it now, for me "Backup of settings" should be removed. Isn't it much better to have a backup of all important stuff and later decide what to restore (if you need)?
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: menion on October 31, 2019, 08:29:26
Maybe a question: does it make sense to do "settings only" backups?

I think a backup of  settings makes sense for exchange of settings between the release and the beta, where backuping all data is not that useful.

As release/beta  settings are independent, while "big data" are shared.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 9, via Tapatalk

Menion

Understand. This is true only partially. Part of backup (one in "various" directory inside backup) is not shared, but rest is also shared by both apps.

Btw, we will have (generally many apps) huge problem since Android 11, where apps will not be able to write even to internal memory anymore. At least not in the way Locus Map needs. So Free/Pro won't be able to simply share data anymore ... I still do not know how to solve it, but most probably "synchronization" over our server will be the key ...
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

I use backup settings when switching from BETA to PRO and back. It's much faster than creating a full backup. It would be great if the presets were added.
  •  

poutnikl

Why cannot Google manage within Android an extra,  shared folder, where all apps would have access ? (a rhetorical question)

Like shared documents in Windows.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 9, via Tapatalk