[APP] - version 3.40.+ ( 2. 10. 2019 )

Started by Menion, October 02, 2019, 13:38:28

Tapio

Locus dead after saving a track which I create in track editor. Screen turns black, Locus has to be killed.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Graf Geo

I can confirm that. Saving a newly created or edited track with the route planner lets Locus freeze regularly.
App must be killed.

Also navigating or guiding along a saved track leads to a crash all the time.

In addition, the map tiles load extremely slowly.
  •  

freischneider

When editing track Locus crashes from time to time. Go to edit. Select "delete everything before marking" and then map builds up very slowly. Locus crashes from time to time. Was already in the version before.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Was outdoor, recorded a track, IIRC it once again did not auto save, it broght up the track edit window after stop recording... and froze again. As in attachment.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

After a long time again there was a problem with the endless Autopreset navigation. But maybe this is related to the incorrect termination of Lucus. I found out that Autopreset will end without any problems in short simulations. But the problem is when navigating in tens of minutes. If there are many changes to the route along the way, the route must be recalculated many times and an auxiliary NOGO will be inserted to prevent the turn, so the autopreset will not end. This status then lasts until Locus is manually removed from the last applications that were running. Only after this removal will the Autopreset exit function be restored. Try it out, I don't have much to test right now, because it's dark and cold, so I ride a little bike.

CZ: Po delší době se vyskytl opět problém s neukončním Autopreset navigace. Možná to ale souvisí s nesprávným ukončením Lucusu. Zjistil jsem, že Autopreset se bez problémů ukončí při krátkých simulacích. Problém je ale při navigaci v desítek minut. Pokud po cestě dojde k mnoha změnám trasy, musí se trasa mnohokrát přepočítat a dojde i ke vložení pomocného NOGO kvůli zákazu otočení, tak se autopreset neukončí. Tento stav pak trvá, dokud se Locus ručně neodstraní z naposledy spuštěných aplikací. Až po tomto odstranění dojde ke znovuobnovení funkce ukončení Autopreset. Zkuste vyzkoušet, nemám už nyní moc možností na testování protože je brzy tma a zima, a tak na kole jezdím málo.
  •  

Graf Geo

Quote from: Graf Geo on October 06, 2019, 09:14:27
I can confirm that. Saving a newly created or edited track with the route planner lets Locus freeze regularly.
App must be killed.

Also navigating or guiding along a saved track leads to a crash all the time.

In addition, the map tiles load extremely slowly.
Seems to be fixed in V 3.40.2
  •  

Menion

ufff ... I just tried to change something with hope ... :)

So version 3.40.2 is out as Graf Geo wrote. I'll not answer on the post above as hopefully all reported issues should be solved. Thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

erfi

Re: [APP] - version 3.39.+ ( 25. 7. 2019 )
« Reply #207 on: September 29, 2019, 11:32:31 »

Beta version 3.40.0 RC1 + Beta version 3.40.0 RC2: Database Menu Track: When saving an already existing track, the app crashes. The thumbnail will also be lost.
First test: Now it works fine in new version 3.40.2. :)
  •  

Graf Geo

Thank you Menion! Hope was not in vain.

I was surprised that these important bugfixes were not mentioned in the changelog or the history for V 3.40.2.

•  

Tapio

Since 3.40, buttons in edit track name, fullscreen mode, are too much @ bottom. But usable. 1080x2244 screen res.

In the widget, recording preset is not shown. Only after clicking where it is supposed to be.
  •  

Menion

@Graf Geo
because some issues I wasn't able to reproduce, I've rather not mentioned them :).

I also made performance improved in rendering MFV4 maps if you made more pan & zoom in the row. Hope it should be noticeable.

@tapio
fullscreen, hmm thanks, will look at it.

And widget ... well, I made a tiny improvement in recent version 3.40.2 because some texts were broken. Anyway these widgets are maybe 5+ years old and does not fit well to modern devices, so I will need a re-work .... I'll look at least on this tiny issue, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

- different language as system
# 21 1+2
# 27
# 29
All my reported problems are solved. 8)
thanks a lot !  :)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Mips

Hello Menion
In the current version is the function "Center map at GPS position" no longer works when destination guidance is switched on.
According to my test this only affects Android 5.x, from Andoid 7.x it seems to work.

Greetings
Mips
  •  

Graf Geo

Quote from: menion on October 07, 2019, 17:40:39
@Graf Geo

------ ***------
I also made performance improved in rendering MFV4 maps if you made more pan & zoom in the row. Hope it should be noticeable.
------ ***------

Yes it's noticeable. Not super fast (it never was with V4 maps), but acceptable fast like before in V 3.38. Thanks again.
  •  

Die Batzen

This one is still an issue in 3.40.2.
It's especially hard if you do a multi cache and have to update coordinates or do a waypoint projection by editing a waypoint rather than creating a new one.

Quote from: Thomas S on October 05, 2019, 12:00:39
If you change the coordinates of a Geocache waypoint and return to the waypoints list of the Geocache afterwards, then the coordinates are still the old ones.
In order to update the coordinates, you first have to leave that Geocache and enter again.
Steps to reproduce:

• go to the waypoints tab in a Geocache
  • tab on a waypoint
  • click on the circle dot on the right side of the waypoint coordinates
  • now choose any possibility to change the coordinates and change them
  • return to the Geocache and observe that the coordinates didn't change
  • leave that Geocache and enter again, now the coordinates changed
  •