How to update render themes to V4 Mapsforge maps?

Started by jusc, September 28, 2019, 12:44:31

jusc

Christian form openandromaps.org wrote: "und auch Locus hat nun auf die modernisierte Renderengine umgestellt."
I downloaded a small V4 map, changed version="3" to version="4" and activated my old theme.
I just see a blank screen.
What is to do? Doesn´t the  features of the Locus V3 rendering engine work any longer?
Is there any description for Locus themes of all tags I can use?
Regards J.
  •  

poutnikl

Another candidate is the Waymark v2a theme. It is together with Elevate
invaluable for long distance bike trekking along international a/o national cycle route network.

As most themes render cycleroutes  too late and often do not distinguish well the route classes ( ICN,NCN,RCN,LCN).

E.g Native Locus hiking/bicycle touring theme shows routes at zoom 13+ what is too late for big picture with ICN or NCN only. Additionally, all have the same colour.

Elevate cycling renders ICN/NCN at Z8-9, other routes at Z12. Similar for Waymark theme.

Waymark theme has additionally a great feature to turn on/off route classes independently.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 9, via Tapatalk

Tobias

Quote from: jusc on September 28, 2019, 12:44:31
What is to do? Doesn´t the  features of the Locus V3 rendering engine work any longer?
Is there any description for Locus themes of all tags I can use?
Locus uses the standard mapsforge engine for maps V4 and higher. As the Locus extensions were never ported back to mapsforge, they can't be used.
I made a reference which tags are supported by which mapsforge version here:
https://www.openandromaps.org/en/oam-forums/topic/mapsforge-rendertheme-reference
developer of Elevate mapstyle for OpenAndroMaps

jusc

@Tobias,

Thank you, your reference is very helpful.
And now I understand, that for V4 maps Locus only provides a general theme and no specialized themes at the moment
Unfortunately a few (for me) needed attributes like "scale-icon-size", "scale-font-size" and "style" (missing in your reference) are not available with Mapsforge V4 maps.
So I hope, the LoMaps based on Mapsforge V3, will be available in the future.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

LoMaps will be converted to MapsForge V4 renderer system, hopefully in the near future (during next year).

Anyway because MF project seems not to be dead like in times I started to write own modded version, I'll instead contribute changes back to the official version.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tobias

Quote from: jusc on September 29, 2019, 15:41:33
"style" (missing in your reference)
Thanks, added it
Quote from: menion on September 29, 2019, 16:23:43
Anyway because MF project seems not to be dead like in times I started to write own modded version, I'll instead contribute changes back to the official version.
Good news :-)
BTW, are you planning to update the V4-maps engine to mapsforge 0.12.0? This finally adds curved path text rendering, which is great for street names:
https://github.com/mapsforge/mapsforge/pull/1112#issuecomment-477969418
developer of Elevate mapstyle for OpenAndroMaps
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Menion

We may give it a try ... but next version, please. Rather not to change it a day/two before release.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

karlchick

Quote from: poutnikl on September 28, 2019, 13:25:42
Another candidate is the Waymark v2a theme.

In another post I provided an example of using a script to semi-automatically convert outdoor and Waymark v2a locus map v3 map themes into v4 map themes for locus map. Here is a link to the post:

https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6948.msg59452#msg59452

I hope ManfredG doesn't mind me using his Waymark-v2a theme as a guinea-pig. It might not work perfectly in v4 maps and certainly hasn't been checked rigorously. But it would probably make a good starting for point for creating a v4 map version of the Waymark-v2a theme... But note, it is a very large theme consisting of over 8700 lines!   
User id: 62b600722
Author of the OS Map Theme:
DiscussDownload
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: poutnikl