Left panel disappears

Started by JohnCNA, September 18, 2019, 22:18:55

JohnCNA

I have Quick Map Switch and Map Content set to display in the lower left of my display, as shown in my screenshot. These two panels randomly disappear and the only way I can get them back is to exit and restart Locus.

I'm probably doing something wrong but an app restart seems to be the only way to have them come back.
  •  

Menion

Hello John,
I've never noticed anything like this ... sorry, no explanation for this. Later Locus Map version (just for sure)?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

JohnCNA

Locus Pro 3.39.4 and Geocaching 4 Locus 3.0.3. Android 9.0 on Samsung S9+.

On extremely rare occasions I have had the right side panel disappear as well and double tap did not bring it back. But losing the content panel happens once or twice per day while geocaching. Maybe it's an interaction with G4L.
  •  

JohnCNA

Actually I believe I have found the problem.  On my Galaxy phone, I had remapped the Bixby button to launch LocusPro instead.  It was only when launching LocusPro with the Bixby button that this would happen, as well as a couple other minor glitches.  Launching LocusPro the normal way, I do not have any such problems. So not only is Bixby rather useless, so is it's button.   ;D
  •  

Menion

Hi, interesting. There was a change in how Locus Map starts, so maybe your setup of a button is no longer valid. You may give it a try to set this button again to start the latest Locus Map version. Not such how you choose which part of application starts, but expect it is done automatically based on your selection.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •