Mapsforge maps list twice

Started by JohnCNA, July 27, 2019, 15:36:09

JohnCNA

I have some offline Mapsforge maps downloaded with another app. I have pointed to this folder in Locus and the maps work fine. However, some of the maps show twice in the maps list in Locus. There is only one map file but it shows twice in the list. The ones that are listed twice were recently downloaded. The ones that are listed once have been there a while.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
suggest to check the content of Map manager > offline tab > + > external maps. There may be the same directory added twice with a different path.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

JohnCNA

I suspect that it is related to the strange way my Samsung S9 shows internal path vs SD card path.
The Root setting in Locus is '/sdcard/Locus/maps' for example.  However, Locus and the external maps directories are actually in the internal memory.  This 'doubling' of the map listing only started when I updated the Mapsforge maps in question.  The other older (not updated) maps are only listed once.  Not that big of a deal, just strange.
  •  

Menion

"sdcard" is perfectly correct name for internal memory. Strange? Sure ... ask Google on something that nobody (at least nobody I know) has the answer.
Oki, in this case, you may try to turn off Locus Map and delete whole Locus/cache directory. Then start it again. If helps, then perfect. If you will want to fix it, exact steps how may I simulate it on own device are needed.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Advidos

Hi, I have the same Issue. Map folders only on SD card, only once but Locus shows me each map twice. I tried to restart Locus, to erase cache as advised above but with no success.  If I delete one item, both will disappear. It is not a big issue but if anyone has another idea how to fix it (without deleting everything and moving all maps back to my phone again) that would be great.

Redmi 7A, Android 9 PKQ1....
  •