Want to buy Huawei Mate 20 Pro/X - problems with navigation apps solved?

Started by Tapio, July 27, 2019, 12:44:02

Tapio

Hi guys,

I am aware there were massive power management problems of Huawei smartphones with Locus Map. To my knowledge aggressive power management on Huawei side turned off GPS, or suspended Locus...
I am now seriously considering buying a Mate 20 Pro or Mate 20 X (monster phone, but huge battery!)

I think, the least I have to do is to put Locus to some power management exceptions on Android side, IDK. What I definitely do not want to have is endless debugging of problems...

Are such problems solved? Maybe Mate 20 Pro or X users here?

Thx
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

c.s.g.

Hi tapio,

I am no Huawei user but I found this or this in Locus Helpdesk.

And you can check this page or this page.

c.s.g.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Thanks, so Mate 20 Pro seems to be no more problem, I hope same applies for Mate 20 X, which I'll probably buy. https://dontkillmyapp.com/ is funny :-) So Huawei leading the list :-)
Well, listing Sony Stamina mode is stupid because that mode clearly is a "You cannot use any app, but save all energy for phone/sms" mode.
  •  

Tapio

The Mate 20 X is awesome. Great performance and a battery with its 5000 mAh beast. Did not test longer periods of track recording, but I'm convinced it will work. Have added Locus to the power management exceptions etc... And track recording seems to be more precise than my Sony Z1 because it uses more satellite systems. Yesterday it say about 40 satellites at the same time...