Re: [APP] - version 3.39.+ ( 25. 7. 2019 )

Started by Menion, July 25, 2019, 15:34:13

Menion

Important links
- list of news of public versions

Versions
25. 7. 2019 - Locus 3.39.0(1)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Graf Geo

Thanks, I'm just trying them out. The first impression looks good!
  •  

john_percy

Graphhopper offline fails, as with previous beta.

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Nice and fast, as promised.   8)  I'm starting to really like the V4 maps together with the outdoorV4 or active RT5 theme, and also little things like the fact natural=mountain_range now renders.

But one nagging thing...  The labels.  They're still being cut off at random, and I still need to dance around (out/in often works) to make the entire text render.  I refer to peaks, city names, and so on.

Is there any hope for a fix to label rendering?

Is there any secret "hack", maybe a config-file setting, that forces a little extra work to make the labels render reliably?  I'm willing to sacrifice some speed and hack something undocumented, if there's even a way...

A great map is a thing of beauty, and we are so close with the vector maps.   ;D
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi Menion,
what is the tile size in rendering. Still 256, or 512 meanwhile - I forgot the earlier discussion around that.
Extra Label Layer like in Cruiser is more heavy lifting still ... ?
Cheers
Michael
  •  

Tapio

Good first impression as for performance. But sporadically, tends to happen when I'm out in the wilds :-D, map does not render. Or I am too impatient, waiting a minute. I see grey and a grid. Workaround is to delete cache, restart Locus, wait like 2 minutes because it does some initializing, especially on the big world map.
Used map is an oam v4, size 500 Mb, ie not a huge one.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

@john_percy
hmm, I'm unable to make GH offline works, still writing "No routing data". Will try it tomorrow. I still hope for soon coming 0.13 version of GH engine. We already have generated data, but in current GH Beta version is some bug that prevents us to use them ... anyway, I'm registering this problem, thanks.

@Viajero Perdido
So labels are still not perfect ... I use mainly LoMaps so I did not notice anything un-usual. Will try to use OAM next rides to see a problem. There is nothing as a user, you may do. It's on me as dev.

@michaelbechtold
tile size is dynamic based on the map and device resolution. It may be from 64 up to maybe 1024px.

Dynamic layer with labels is currently utopia, sorry.

@tapio
map does not render?? We are talking again about OAM maps right? Oki, as I wrote to Viajero, I'll start to use them to see if there is something to improve, thanks.
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
if i open coord window inside PRO a decimal comma is displayed, inside FREE as usual dots are displayed
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

This is a result of recent changes. And why is expected and common decimal separator for your language? Isn't it comma instead of the dot?
  •  

john_percy

@menion
A follow up comment: if the locale decimal separator is a comma, then the pull down selection "WGS (x°x.x')" in the screen grab really ought to reflect that also.

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: menion on July 30, 2019, 09:09:08
And why is expected and common decimal separator for your language? Isn't it comma instead of the dot?
as i know a comma is used (independent language) by:
- decimal coords e.g. 48,123456  8,654321

a dot is used by:
- degree decimal coords e.g. 48° 7.40737  8° 39.25927

BTW, if i delete the comma in this dialog it´s only possible to add a dot with keyboard
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

c.s.g.

To be honest, I never saw a comma as a seperator in any WGS coordinates format in Germany.
As far as I know here the dot is the correct seperator for WGS even in Germany..

Even the german wikipedia uses dots.

c.s.g.
  •  

Menion

Change in separator was not made because of coordinates, but generally because of the format of decimal numbers (like speed, altitude, etc) where was previously used always "dot".

So generally if I understand: using separator based on locale for values like speed etc. is correct and in the new version, these values are ok in your language. But! for standard coordinates, we should always use "dot" as a separator. Am I understand correctly?
  •  

balloni55

QuoteBut! for standard coordinates, we should always use "dot" as a separator. Am I understand correctly?
exactly :)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Henk van der Spek

For coördinates officially it is a , in the Netherlands but a . is absolutely common.
And much more clear, see this example:  51.689970, 5.341697 This is a common notation and extra comma's would be confusing.
And, like Andrew, I noticed that I cannot enter a , at all in the fields.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •