download map and zoom steps

Started by Rob, June 02, 2011, 08:37:32

Rob

It seems, that online and offline zoomsteps do not correspond: I select a suitable zoomstep in online mode (eg.15) and want to download a selected area. But the proposed zoomsteps are starting with 21.
So zoom 13 online = 21 offline
14 = 22, 15 = 23 .....
I checked this with different maps - all the same.
This is since my beginning with locus, but I waited that others will remark this but could not find any posting. Am I the only one having this issue?
Rob
EDIT: In newest 1.8.4.3 its already corrected -sorry and thx.
  •  

Menion

i know, I have little "number" problems in whole application. I started to use own number system before year when I started work on Locus. Then I discovered (much later) that many of map providers use system from 0 to cca 17 (I use shifted by 8, so from 8 to cca 25). Unfortunately adapted SQLite database system that I use for storing maps, use different system (something like 17 - zoom), few maps use also different system and more and more. I tried just yesterday to change all numbers to basic OSM number (0 - 17) but after cca 2 hours of work I rather returned all back, because almost all maps stoped to work :D ... I'll have to fix this, I know, but later, because I don't see it as a huge problem now ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Rob

But in latest version it really looks good. I tested with different OSM, google, outdoor... on- & offline looks quite the same zoomsteps.
So... never touch a running ...... :-)
  •  

Menion

maybe it looks better ... I changed value in title by reducing by 8, but it was bigger mess then before so I rather put it back, so now all zooms in Locus are shifted by 8 as was before :) enjoy ;)

no, I'll do with this something later. Actually count that zoom 8 means zoom 0 on world OSM map (so whole world) ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Rob

Ok, understand.
Good luck.
  •