[Theme] TOTM Mapsforge (for V4 and higher)

Started by Magellan, June 16, 2019, 18:59:41

Magellan

Tiramisù as OpenTopoMap

for the topography, and exploration on the maps

only for V4 maps!

For V3 (lomaps and other)  TOTM 1.9.2 - > https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6027.0

in the future it will be slightly improved:

• all water except springs (rivers, streams, lakes, canals, etc.)
  • all railway and tram
  • all labels
  • setting priorities
  • streets, driveways and younger roads in the direction of greater elegance (at the moment - too thick)
on my smartphone 282 ppi, 320 dpi

It also works well on Oruxmap, Cruiser, and most likely in other mapsforge-compatible programs
(tested in Oruxmaps 7.4.22, Cruiser 1.7)

Map: ESRI satellite;  Overlay 85%: OAM Ural ML;  Layer "Terrain" in the theme is OFF

Waiting for comments and constructive criticism.

Henk van der Spek

Very clear and nice contrast and fast, thank you. I will try it out in the field later.
I do not see any existing trails and path and hike or bike routes. Is that intentional?
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Magellan

Yes, this theme intentionally does not contain trails, paths and routes. But for highway=path|footpath there are differences in coloring, according to sac_scale. "Bad" highway=track (tracktype=grade 3|grade 4|grade 5) is marked with a red dotted line.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Magellan - I must be blind - I can't see any link to the V4 theme?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Magellan

Quote from: Andrew Heard on June 17, 2019, 23:46:24I can't see any link to the V4 theme?
You must log in to this forum to see the attached files in the posts.
  •  

Andrew Heard

thanks - of course! (would be more intuitive if disabled rather than hidden if not logged in)
  •  

Tapio

I love to use this map for planning. It is good as it is now. I use it with no magnification on my Sony Z1 which has hd res. The v3 version had too thin lines for me, but now it's perfect.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

There's 2 bugs in the xml missing space character after s_power.png path in the xml, see Locus verify functionality on longtap theme.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Andrew Heard

I've decided to mainly stay with the Maiwolf (Bernard) desert V4 theme because it makes a distinction between sealed & unsealed roads.
  •  

Magellan

Updated version 2.1 in the first post, please update. Unpack with overwrite.
Improved: streams, rivers, embankments, railways and more. Added traffic lights.  (84 changes)

taunide

Thanks for this renderer. the paved vs. unpaved ways  (highway=track; tracktype=2+3 and tracktype=4+5) should be a bit more differentiated. And lines are a bit too thin for outdoor use.

I just discovered it. I will keep with v3 maps the next future, because of my many, many graphical maps which are unusable with new graphic enginge of Locus 3.38, which made me cancel the automatic updates the first time and I will stay with 3.37 (and therefore, v3 maps).
  •  

Jochen

Hello Magellan,

thank you very much for this nice theme. I like it very much.
Is there a way to see the contour lines in 10 m gaps like it is in Open Topo Map?

Greetings

Jochen
  •  

Magellan

Hello, Jochen

For this, the maps must contain within themselves such data of contour lines (10 m). OAM, lomaps contain only contour lines of 20 m.

The way out of this situation is to completely make such maps or a map containing only the contours of the heights, the required frequency and overlay it with the corresponding theme.

But, again - do it yourself.

Well, or ask map manufacturers to make contour lines of heights more often.
  •  

john_percy

Some of the OAM maps have 10m interval contours.
Examples: UK_Scotland, UK_Wales, UK_LakeDistrict, Ireland.
I don't know of others but you can search the OAM download page and ask on the OAM forum.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Jochen

@Magellan and John:

Thank you very much for your explanations and help 👍
  •