Blank rectangles on map screen after search

Started by NickJP, June 12, 2019, 08:16:07

NickJP

Locus Pro 3.38.3 on Pixel 2 with latest June 2019 Android 9. When I do a search for a place in Locus, and then tap on the search result that I want, to position the map at that location, I frequently see square or rectangular blank areas on the map screen - they're not completely blank, they show a grid of light grey lines on a white background. See attached screenshot.

I can always get rid of the blanks by zooming in/out or out/in, and once I've got rid of them I can pan around and zoom in or out without the problem happening again. I've seen the problem both with LoMaps and with OpenAndroMaps. The problem doesn't happen every time I search, but often enough to be annoying.

•  

poutnikl

I confirm such a frequent behaviour.

If it was permanent, the cause is often a missing icon in the applied map theme. But this is not that case, being temporary.

Odesláno z mého Mi A2 pomocí Tapatalk

Menion

Hi guys,
hmm, I'm unable to simulate it. LoMaps + internal theme ... simply search for an address and when map moves with animation to found place, this (your screenshot) is the result, right?
Any map set as overlay?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

NickJP

Quote from: menion on June 12, 2019, 13:26:02
Hi guys,
hmm, I'm unable to simulate it. LoMaps + internal theme ... simply search for an address and when map moves with animation to found place, this (your screenshot) is the result, right?
Yes, that's correct. LoMaps with bike+hike theme. Also Open AndroMaps with bike+hike theme. I've seen problem with both.
QuoteAny map set as overlay?
No, no overlay map.
  •  

NickJP

Still seeing this with 3.39.4. Only after doing a search and selecting one of the results, and zooming either + or - gets rid of the blank areas.
  •