Vector maps go blank when zooming out

Started by gewe, May 28, 2019, 20:39:26

gewe

Hello,

When I zoom out (using the [-] button or pinch zoom or the volume down key) all tiles for the new zoom level are blank. When zooming in, all tiles reappear. I tried this with LoMaps, OpenAndroMaps and Freizietkarte, all offline vector maps. I also tried different themes. All with the same result. The moment the map scale shows "10 km" the map turns blank.

Device is a Motorola Moto G5S Plus, full HD display.
Android version is 8.1.
Locus Map is Pro version 3.38.2.

I attached a video showing the problem.

What is going on here?

Regards,
George
  •  

john_percy

The bug is resolved in 3.38.3.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

michaelbechtold

I had to change themes back and forth, now I can confirm John's observation: 3.38.3 does work.
  •  

gewe

Wow, that was quick!  :)

I had just received 3.38.2. After receiving John's reply I scanned for updates, and received 3.38.3. Zooming is working perfectly now. Thanks.
  •  

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ohgood

Bug still present in .3 release

I've tried several maps, no zoom past .3 mile
  •  

Menion

May you please post a screenshot? Please be aware that it is possible that on the certain map tile may be no data. Then it may look like a problem (because Locus Map just draws tile with small grid), but there is nothing to draw, so current version draw transparent tile (grid).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ohgood

bug present in all maps, vector and image based... attached screenshot
  •  

gewe

I am having the blank map problem again. It sometimes happens when zooming.
Another case is when after panning the map, I tap on the "follow GPS" button. The map centers at the GPS position, leaving parts of the map empty.
Funny thing is that it's not empty tiles, it has diagonal lines. The empty area does show hill shading (not very much, shown area is almost flat). The whole area is within the same map.
  •