Author Topic: Re: [APP] - version 3.38.+ ( 22. 5. 2019 )  (Read 9805 times)

Online john_percy

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: MotoG
Re: [APP] - version 3.38.+ ( 22. 5. 2019 )
« Reply #300 on: July 06, 2019, 11:33:21 »
"Active items" - how can I make that item appear again? I turned it on in the options, loaded my tracks, points and Lomaps POI. Blue tab bottom left does not appear.
It only works with KML/KMZ files from the Map Items screen rather than tracks, points and Locus POIs. The tab doesn't appear if there are no active KML/KMZ items. Is that it?

« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 12:22:55 by john_percy »

Offline tapio

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Sony Xperia Z1
« Reply #301 on: July 06, 2019, 20:11:13 »
Probably, thx. Then I have never seen it I guess.
My BRouter profiles, based on Poutnikls: https://tiny.cc/brouterbrf

Offline balloni55

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Motorola G3 MM 6.01
« Reply #302 on: July 08, 2019, 12:49:32 »
V 3.38.7.4
if i click "round button" behind coords inside POI/WP screen to correct coords locus FC
Log send this morning ~9:00
Locus PRO 3.38.7

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #303 on: July 08, 2019, 14:21:28 »
@john_percy
Whole "Active items" dialog was made because of the need to control the transparency of Ground overlay KMZ maps. Later was also added an option to show/hide part of KMZ files because some KML files may be quite complicated (it's directory structure). I absolutely agree it should be useful to apply the same system not just on the KML/KMZ files, no doubt about this.

Consider "Eye" in mapItems screen more like a toggle button. It just says "yes, the item is loaded on the map" and "no, the file is definitely not loaded in the app". But if it's content or any part of it is currently set as "hidden" in "Active items"?

I see here space for improvements (support all formats, better reflect loaded/visibility state), but I'm sorry, but Map items are really not a too high priority.

@lor74cas
for maybe a year, @milan.cejnar is 100% responsible for Live tracking feature. Milane, please look at it. Work on improvement and fixes of the web page started last week, so hopefully, things will move a little now.

@balloni55
thanks, weird issue. Probably the problem in Locus Map "caused" by any 3rd party add-on that should appear on this screen. Should be fixed now, thanks.
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Online john_percy

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: MotoG
« Reply #304 on: July 11, 2019, 10:50:34 »
I found the layer transparency UX genuinely confusing. At 0% the layer is fully transparent (fine). The label "transparent" appears at the right hand end of the slider (bad), which made me think that the right hand end was the 100% transparent end of the slider.
The reverse is true regarding the label "opaque" appearing at the 0% end of the slider when the slider is at 100%.
Just put these labels at the appropriate end of the slider when they appear, please.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 15:06:46 by john_percy »

Offline 0709

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: THL4000 CM12.1 SM-T235 A5.5.1 MI A2 Lite A9
« Reply #305 on: July 12, 2019, 21:05:59 »
Report.

In both 3.38.7 and in 3.38.7.4.
Import simple track, or contains (TTS announced) Via Points only.
Settings > Navigation > Advanced settings > Frequency of commands > None !
Navigation > NOK. Locus generates Nav Commands !
"Navigation by voice commands that are rendered according to the shape of the track"

Update:
Frequency of commands:
Phone 1. = Kept hanging in the 'Low/medium/high" state.
Settings > Navigation > Advanced settings > Frequency of commands > None !
The switch (change) to "None" is not functional.

Frequency of commands:
Phone 2. = Kept hanging in the "None" state
Settings > Navigation > Advanced settings > Frequency of commands > Low !
The switch (change) to "Low" is not functional.

But I dont understand what have this to do with the problem.. in 3.37.2 this switch is on too.
That's the funny part ... it has nothing to do with this problem.We will see in the next version :).

After a change in Guiding > Advanced settings > Notify of every routepoint > there was a change in "Frequency of commands". (At random behaviour= unpredictable/unreliable).

Double checked by previous version !
Confirm by v3.37.2 (KitKat phone) function is OK. None = None ! Low = Low etc.  (Reliable)

https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/should-locus-generate-navigation-instructions-for-you-y-n#comment-34875
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 12:23:10 by 0709 »
Locus Pro 3.38.7

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 17, 2019, 10:58:09 »
@john_percy
hmm I'm using this kind of slider for so long, that I do not see there a problem :). How can I put these labels on the second side when on the second side is a small dot you use for drag. This may be only improved by putting small "transparent" and "opaque" labels below the whole slider. This slider is really really old and definitely does not fit to current Locus Map style, so good points, I'll try to improve it, thanks.

@0709
Willy, there is a really stupid issue (you already found in a different topic) that cause some mess as you noticed. In the next Beta, it will be for sure ok, sorry!
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline Viajero Perdido

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (Android 7), Blackview BV6000s (Android 6), Nexus 7 (2013) for Alpha/Beta testing.
« Reply #307 on: July 17, 2019, 18:23:11 »
Hi.  Apologies if this was already discussed up-thread or in another language.

3.38.7 is really laggy when panning the map.  For a typical swipe-to-pan, you drag your finger across the screen, but the map doesn't react until after you've lifted the finger!

Psychologically, it sucks the energy out of exploring the map.

This happens with LoMaps, OAM V3, and OAM V4, on my low-DPI phone, also the high-DPI tablet.  Scrolling elsewhere, eg in the geocache logs list, is normal and responsive.

Is there a drag threshold that's set too high?  Is this something I can adjust?

EDIT:  Ah, I suppose I could turn off some of the ~15,000 geocaches I've got visible.  Trimming that down to ~4000 (my local area) made all the difference, performance acceptable again.  (The others were far outside the area covered by the current view, so should they have made a difference?)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 20:26:42 by Viajero Perdido »

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 18, 2019, 13:32:03 »
Huge slowdown when more points are loaded at once is unexpected. The map is a lot slower even if an only a small portion of the points is directly visible on the current screen? Hmm are all points from +- same area or is there a few points far away, the second side of Earth for example? This may have an effect.
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline Viajero Perdido

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (Android 7), Blackview BV6000s (Android 6), Nexus 7 (2013) for Alpha/Beta testing.
« Reply #309 on: July 18, 2019, 21:46:22 »
Just checked again.  I turned on ~21,000 geocaches in Canada, then zoomed into a Hong Kong offline map, where only 3 personal waypoints are shown, nothing else nearby, and POIs are turned off as well.  Result: lag, can lift finger before it reacts.  A small but noticeable fraction of a second.

Then I turned off (hid) all those faraway Canadian geocaches.  Result: Hong Kong is nice and fast, very responsive!

Then I enabled "POI grouping".  Same result, both cases.

I assume this might be triggered by LoMap POIs too...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 01:27:22 by Viajero Perdido »

Offline jonny.blue

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: SM-G901F 6.0.1
« Reply #310 on: July 19, 2019, 21:58:27 »
Since some weeks geocaching live doesn't work in route planer.  :(

... in latest beta it's working again Thx  8)