Re: [APP] - version 3.38.+ ( 22. 5. 2019 )

Started by Menion, May 22, 2019, 13:23:28

michaelbechtold

Naming convention is: <country>.osm.map and ...osm.db
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion, Tapio

Graf Geo

Quote from: menion on July 01, 2019, 14:40:22
@Graf Geo
does problem with recalculation in the field happen also when the screen is on? Because if you have Android 8.x, there is a possible problem on some devices in case, the screen is turned off.

That's actually a possibility. I've noticed a few times when I take the phone out of my pocket and look at it to see that a recalculation suddenly happens shortly afterwards. That's why I suspected the deactivated display, but it didn't seem logical to me. I will observe and test it.

•  

Menion

Then it really looks like a problem I'm aware of, but I still do not find a method of how to "hack it". Seems that on Android 8, because of some issue directly in Android, apps running on background can't connect to 3rd party service over method we use (Locus Map & BRouter). On Android 7 and 9+, this problem does not exist. Also with GraphHopper (online), no problem ... stupid.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: michaelbechtold on July 01, 2019, 22:55:11
Naming convention is: <country>.osm.map and ...osm.db
Thx, semi related: Often after map renaming or map moving actions and start of Locus after such actions:
a) Locus shows nullpointer exception at start and
b) I see white maps - I think the last used one does not display - needs delete cache and works after restart. Cache delete is not fun because the restart takes long (the big overview map takes a long time).
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

As user service, when Austria.osm.map is currently loaded and I open the POI tool, it could already choose the Austria.osm.db POI.
Maybe same goes for offline geonames (but I can see it is more difficult there).
  •  

slarti76

One thing that has been bothering me for a while:
In the "Points of Interest (BETA)", why do I still have to select the region myself? You can determine which maps are fitting for the currently dsplayed area, but not which set of points?
I do get that putting all points together inone big database (internally) is perhaps a little slower, especially on older devices. But it should be possible to select the Points DB "Honshu" when I'm just displaying the Locus Map "Honshu"...

EDIT: Looks like tapio is complaining about the same thing and I didn't see that. Anyway, I'm not the only one ;)
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: michaelbechtold on July 01, 2019, 22:55:11Naming convention is: <country>.osm.map and ...osm.db
Sometimes!? this is not enough... Probably best is to use lowercase.

sweden.osm.db + sweden.osm.map --> WORKS
Sweden.osm.db + Sweden.osm.map --> POIDB NOT DISPLAYED
  •  

poutnikl

Linux filesystem is case sensitive.

Odesláno z mého Mi A2 pomocí Tapatalk

Tapio

Quote from: poutnikl on July 02, 2019, 15:30:39Linux filesystem is case sensitive.
Yes. But:

EDIT: I checked it twice, because it's weird. It's the Sweden v4 map from OAM and Menions poi database.
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: tapio on July 02, 2019, 17:29:14
Yes. But:

Perhaps the app is not looking for "the same filename but ext", but for hard coded lower case variant.

Odesláno z mého Mi A2 pomocí Tapatalk

Tapio

Quote from: poutnikl on July 02, 2019, 17:33:10Perhaps the app is not looking for "the same filename but ext", but for hard coded lower case variant.
No. Only Menion can know. E.g.: Netherlands.osm.map+Netherlands.osm.db works.
I keep in mind: "full lowercase is better" :)
  •  

michaelbechtold

@Menion: http://brouter.de/brouter/revisions.html
Bicycle+Foot ETA (estimated time of arrival)
ETA data in GPX for Locus + OsmAnd

Is that already working in Locus ?
  •  

Menion

@tapio
hmm really weird. I do not see a problem in the app, but on a few places, I've set to completely "ignore case", so hopefully it will help here.

The system is pretty simple ... for every vector MapsForge map Locus finds, it replaces it's ending from ".osm.map" to ":osm.db" and search for this file. It does not matter what map version it is.

And complicated usage of POI.db? May only confirm. It is one of the top priorities to a more radical change in next months.

@michaelbechtold
nice. Just tested it and indeed, Arndt correctly returns required time parameters for segments between route waypoints!

Tapio

Great news about POI.

Wasn't aware of brouter new versions. Just did play store updates.
  •  

Menion

New Beta version 3.38.7.3 just published.

I've spent almost two days by tracking possible places of slowdown during map rendering. Do not know if anyone of you had any problems with it, but I register many reports that maps are slower and using more CPU then before. And I believe it was well invested time, so give it a try. Maybe you will feel any difference :).
  •