Re: [APP] - version 3.38.+ ( 22. 5. 2019 )

Started by Menion, May 22, 2019, 13:23:28

Menion

You wrote " it happens when I use a WMS raster map, a V4 overlay map and turn on map rotation".
This I understand as base map layer + map overlay (V4) +  WMS map = 3 maps.

S8 is more powerful than my device (Pixel 2) and I see no serious problem with rotation of these three layers so there have to be something different.

Do you have enabled "Hardware acceleration" in Expert settings? (maybe you do not know Expert settings, then it's OK, this option is enabled by default). Otherwise map is empty, no huge number of points and tracks somewhere on the map?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

locus.sv@heime.org

Hardware acc. is on, map is empty.

Happens on the Samsung S8 and also on a Ulefone Power 3s which becomes almost unusable. Can make a video of it later today.....
  •  

locus.sv@heime.org

Smooth interface makes a big difference (on my Samsung S8)
  •  

balloni55

QuoteApp returns to map with enabled guidance to point and popup is hidden
no popup remain visible
QuoteAnd in your case, popup is still visible, right?
yes, watch screencast #152
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

john_percy

@menion
I've just had to change my phone and reload everything, which shows me that the contour problem is a bit more complex.
Looking at N 56.69945° , W 006.05642° (in Scotland).
Firstly, I found that if I choose my (old) LoMap of England it won't autoload OAM MF3 maps of Scotland or Great Britain but it will autoload LoMap Scotland once if downloaded it. So a base LoMap won't autoload a OAM map of out of range, or so it appears.
Secondly, I found that the double contour line bug occurs if I have both OAM Great Britain and OAM UK Scotland available. (UK Scotland has extra contour lines and better resolution on the contour lines.) I just have to force map autoload by choosing UK Lakeland as the base map for example and contour lines appear from both OAM GB and OAM UK Scotland.
This happens with both MF3 and MF4 maps.
I've forced a map magnification of 200% to make it easier to see the effect.
I can't at present reproduce the bug if I choose a Scotland map as the base map - it may depend on exactly what other maps I have available. Maybe something else has changed.
I admit the example I have come up with is a bit obscure but it may serve to track down what is happening.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

bezel

I tried OAM v4 for Germany South
-> no autoloading aswell
-> no autoload of neighbour maps (e.g. Switzerland, France South)
-> no intern themes possible! (see screenshot)

with OAM v3 intern themes are possible, see screenshot:

(no autoloading either...)

•  

Menion

@john_percy

Autoloading for vector maps works for maps that match the following conditions:
  - same map version (so V3 + V4 do not work at once)
  - same tilesize (LoMaps compare to other maps usually have 512x512px per tile)

Anyway thanks for additional information. It really has to be highly dependent on maps we have in Locus Map available, because no matter what I do, I see only single valid coordinates from the current base map. John, even if I'll be able to simulate it, I really have absolutely no idea how to fix it ...

@bezel:
Some answers are above in answer to John, rest then:
- internal themes works only for V3 maps.
- auto-loading maps may be a big problem for huge maps that cover a big area. Maps are defined only by its bounding rectangle and Locus Map is unable to correctly detect missing area and coverage of other maps. Sorry, I do no have improvements in the head here.
  •  

locus.sv@heime.org

The app crashes when I try to load trackables in log manager.
  •  

Menion

Thanks, I noticed this issue today as well. Groundspeak seems to make some changes in API that break Locus Map implementation of this geocaching feature. I've already fixed it. The new version will be published most probably on Thursday.

About map slowdown ... it is complicated to solve it with current Locus Map version. I'll need a small help from you, but little later when I'll publish the new Beta version. I'll then write (Beta? during next week for sure) more if you will be interested to invest little time into test.
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
#allow define zoom level since geocaching waypoints will not be drawn. (default: 12)
#  - disable simplification at all: 0
#  - till zoom value (1 - 12 'include'): X
geocaching_map_waypoints_hide_till_zoom=0

set value of  ZL has no influence.

waypoints are grouped always at ZL value set in config "# allows to define zoom level for points simplification"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Mips

Hello Menion

Here is a video about the navigation problem (https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6579.msg56068#msg56068).
I have been using all settings and profiles for a long time without any problems. Only since V3.38.x it doesn't work anymore.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xXxqNa_9dtcXQNvsITYW6Jt3UdW8xwXu/view

Regards
Mips

Addendum:
The same route results in the expected and correct navigation with V3.37.2.
  •  

Tapio

Hi Menion, Problem with SD1 was my own problem with a "Sandisk Ultra 128 GB XC I" - it performed like crap. I bought a "SanDisk Extreme 256GB microSDXC" now, which performs in an awesome way, Lomaps download/extraction with a 1.5 Gb map was no problem. Best invest in my old Sony Z1 smartphone. Was a pleasant surprise that it works fine with this 256 GByte card.

Quote from: menion on June 22, 2019, 17:37:09@tapio
is there any information about why it should be so big problem? I use this system for many years and I believe many users as well and I'm not aware of any problem.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
testing and seems to work.
With defined value 14, waypoints are visible since zoom level 15+
With defined value 0, waypoints seem to be visible always.
You wrote, "grouped"? This parameter does not define if waypoints are grouped or not. It just defines level since waypoints will be visible on the map (useful because of low map performance when too many waypoints are visible at once).

@Mips
I spend on testing maybe two hours now and no matter what I do, I'm unable to simulate event a single issue. During last days I ride few times on the bike and did some unexpected turns to test this and also no issue.

Hmm for my information: BRouter? Which profile, any internal from Locus Map or any custom, or internal of BRouter itself? Seems your video was made as simulation right? Are you able to try it with exactly same settings but a) with different routing profile (best with some internal) and b) with online GraphHopper? To verify that it is a problem directly of BRouter routing and not generally routing system in the app. Thank you!

@tapio
perfect :). 256 GB? Eh, crazy values ...
  •  

jonny.blue

The app crashes when I try to load trackables in log manager.
It's not only within logmanager but also in normal log dialog when loading trackables ....
  •  

Menion

It will be fixed in next version (most probably tomorrow). Locus Map "incorrectly" implemented Groundspeak API. They made some changes in API a few days ago and Locus Map was not able to withstand these changes correctly. Sorry for this.
  •