Re: [APP] - version 3.38.+ ( 22. 5. 2019 )

Started by Menion, May 22, 2019, 13:23:28

poutnikl

Quote from: menion on June 22, 2019, 11:24:35
@poutnikl
isn't it same like when you pick real magnifier? It also displays the same object but enlarged. And not some modified scaled clone. Are we talking about magnifying glass on the screenshot below? If so, which scale is incorrect?

I am sorry, I have used wrong terminology. :-)

I mean the zoom lock feature. It magnifies the the whole map area just by pixel upsampling, compared to the nominal state.

As it applies to the whole map area, it should be IMHO reflected by the map scale as well, or the scale should be suppressed, as no scale is better than wrong scale.

Odesláno z mého Mi A2 pomocí Tapatalk

Henk van der Spek

Quote from: tapio on June 22, 2019, 10:29:10
A minor one:
In the data manager, tracks oberview, long tap to the left, on a preview picture, does not create a preview. If one is there, it deletes it. v4 map + totm theme.
No problem here with any Theme or V4 or V3 map.
Auto loading from V4 to V3 or vice versa still does not work.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

john_percy

@menion
It's totally reproduceable. Depends on having
- overlapping MF4 vector maps with different contour spacing, eg OAM UK Scotland ML and Great Britain ML
- automatic map loading on for vector maps
- zooming in and out between specific zoom levels.
It is always resolved by reselecting the theme or the map.
So, on changing between certain zoom levels it seems that tiles from both maps are overlaid, but not on a fresh screen draw.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

@poutnikl
oki, so zoom lock :). ... ah, I see ... bottom "map scale" bar isn't refreshed now, thanks! After zoom in/out it refreshes correctly. Consider as fixed.

@Henk van der Spek
automatic loading between various map types is no possible and planned.

@john_percy
thanks for the steps, I'll look at it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

@poutnikl
I confirm that the scale bar on the map is wrong if
- zoom lock is used and magnification increased to say 400% by zooming (scale bar changes correctly)
- zoom lock is then turned off (map reverts, scale bar does not)

Edit: Seems like Menion has picked it up while I was posting.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Tapio

Menion I can confirm the preview image loading in data manager works with v3 lomaps.

BTW. Lomaps download can be a disaster when maps reside on external sd. Because you let it download the zipfile there. And extraction from ext sd to ext sd is often too much for Android. Resulting in a totally bricked device, you even have problems to reboot. After minutes of problems, it will not work and I manually do the job: copy zip file to internal sd. Extract to internal sd. Copy to external sd.
IDK, I bought a quick SD but Android seems to have limitations here. Some other dev. (Moon+ reader) told me that once.
Maybe consider offering to define a different temp file location.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

@poutnikl , @john_percy
I've found that "zoom lock" seems to be completely broken now, not just the scale bar. Fixed ...

@tapio
is there any information about why it should be so big problem? I use this system for many years and I believe many users as well and I'm not aware of any problem. Or this is only about "moon reader dev told me"?
  •  

Tapio

Read it a few times but cannot prove yet.I keep my eyes open. Maybe it is device dependent.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

locus.sv@heime.org

https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6579.msg56024#msg56024

Quote from: menion on June 22, 2019, 08:31:35
@locus.sv@heime.org
then there have to be something, that slow it down. A huge number of points, tracks visible at once?

Did some testing and it happens when I use a WMS raster map, a V4 overlay map and turn on map rotation.
  •  

Mips

Hello Menion
In the following the translation of my contributions in the German forum area to topic "Plötzlich falsches Routing" (Suddenly wrong routing).

Post 1
Today I used, besides cycling, to test the navigation with V3.38.6.
My conclusion:
As long as you stay on the route, in my case a circuit, everything works.
But...!
If you deviate from the route, the recalculation takes place according to the display, but from now on nothing happens anymore.
[Calculate...] then stands forever, without coming to any result. Sometimes an orange banner appears whose content I can't read with my bike glasses, but it doesn't change the unsuccessful recalculation.
I created the route on the tablet and imported it as GPX 1.1. How it works with the original route, if there is a difference at all, I will possibly test it again with fake GPS.

Post 2
A short test this morning showed the following.
Even the point-to-point navigation does not work.
The route is calculated correctly at the beginning, but after a deviation it is over.
Sometimes I get the orange error messages mentioned above, e.g.
"Unknown problem", "Route too long" (at 10km) or something related to BRouter , which I can't read because the message [Calculate...] is overlaid.
After some time the message "Timeout connect to service" appears.
For me this looks like an interface problem in connection with the automatic recalculation.

Greeting
Mips

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

balloni55

Hello menion
behavior reported with #59 was solved with V 3.38.3.2 > #162
Today i noticed problem is back again with V3.38.6 ::)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@locus.sv@heime.org
I do not know the device you have, but three map layers at once together with map rotation ... well, I do not expect an amazing performance here.

@Mips
so should I understand that once app start recalculates, it displays only some errors and no result is computed? What router are you using and what is your Android version? Also are you able to create a bug-report log by this method right after these issues happens?
Ah in the second post you mentioned BRouter. Did you tried the same route with GraphHopper routing?
S5 Neo is not the best device, on the second side, shorter routes should not be a serious problem.

@balloni55
long click on the map, click on the popup to display point detail, click on bottom navigation > Guide on and result? App returns to map with enabled guidance to point and popup is hidden. Since we talked about it, I definitelly did not touch this part of code. And in your case, popup is still visible, right?
  •  

Mips

@menion
Yes exactly, the recalculation is displayed, different error messages appear but no result. GraphHopper is not so interesting for me because I have "specialized" on BRouter since a long time. So far there were no problems with my S5 Neo (Android 5.1.1) in combination with Locus Pro / BRouter.
Is there a shorter version of a bug report for a rooted phone?

Greeting
Mips
  •  

Menion

@john_percy
may you please give me coordinates where is the problem with the double-elevation lines most significant? Because I downloaded two mentioned maps from OpenAndroMaps and I'm unable to see this problem. Thanks

@Mips
hmm there should be no problem with BRouter on Android 5.x, weird.
Shorted log: best what you may do is to create basic log by the known method, remember a time when the problem happens and from generated TXT file just extract part around this time. Thanks.
  •  

locus.sv@heime.org

Quote from: menion on June 24, 2019, 20:50:14
I do not know the device you have, but three map layers at once together with map rotation ... well, I do not expect an amazing performance here.

Two, not three layers.....

I don't expect amazing performance, either. But I expect the response pressing a button being faster than 2 seconds on a samsung S8. Even not map related operations like opening the menu is considerable slower when map rotation is turned on (with a raster map and a vector overlay map)
  •