Re: [APP] - version 3.38.+ ( 22. 5. 2019 )

Started by Menion, May 22, 2019, 13:23:28

Henk van der Spek

@Henk van der Spek
at least weird issue with navigation on your track should be fixed. Other issues with navigation itself ... next week. Sounds complicated :).

Weird issue is GONE in 3.38.6 pro  :)
This version is definitely faster on my device. Start-up and scrolling and zooming.
Auto map loading V4 maps is working. Top bar name tag does not change accordingly.

Have a nice weekend.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

erfi

New version 3.38.6, again a first test on the couch: The navigation with multiple via points and endpoint priority works now. :D Thanks menion!
  •  

Menion

So good news, nice.

I see in crashlytics (system for automatic collecting crashes) few crashes when using vector maps as overlays right after the start of the app. Hope it's just a few rare users ... otherwise, app looks pretty stable.

I also did last days few performance optimizations so hope, it will be fluent and usable like at early days :). Enjoy weekend!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

locus.sv@heime.org

Zooming in and out is extremely slow when map rotation is turned on.
  •  

jonny.blue

Since some weeks geocaching live doesn't work in route planer.  :(

So I have no chance to see all the possible caches while planning a route.

•  

T-mo

Quote from: menion on June 21, 2019, 13:25:46
1. why "Optimize raster map resolution" settings do not fit your needs? Raster maps are then rescaled too much? Rescale by DPI use floating point values, but in most cases, it will end on integer value for raster maps. For vector maps, the situation is different and there it is always floating point value that more precisely match device DPI.
I just realise that magnify might not be the thing to use, %-values etc. And I use some raster maps. So I have on and off and both are not suberb to me, as often in life it could be something between, more personal taste or preference. So I still ask myself why I have on and off instead of values or possibilites, quantised steps between maybe.

btw. I often asked myself why 'settings>controlling>map screen>tap and hold to display adress' is not 'tap and hold x secs to display adress', I tap way to often and then tap stuff away... I train myself to make it getting less
Quote from: menion on June 21, 2019, 13:25:46
2. hmm, I'm checking code and app should list all directories in mentioned mapsVector/_themes directory and in every directory search for *.xml files. XML files in the root of the _themes directory should be ignored. Maybe you may zip me _themes directory that does not work as you expect and share it with me? Thanks.
see pics attached. If I put Elevate and VoluntaryUK in separate directories - which is not intended by Tobias or John I guess but by me ;D - both are not usable. The current way is working perfectly and - honestly - still ok, as working, but maybe this can be optimised, each theme-package would have a dedicated directory. Seems like I missed Elevate4.3.1 since 1 week btw :P
  •  

Menion

@locus.sv@heime.org
then there have to be something, that slow it down. A huge number of points, tracks visible at once?

@jonny.blue
I'm aware of this issue, sorry for this. Needs more work and testing, so till next 3.39, I'll for sure look at it.

@T-mo
current values are chosen to have as close as possible style of raster and vector maps. So in most cases, texts should be the same size for same zoom levels etc. Of course, it highly depends on the map (mainly raster) theme. So I would like to keep it simple.

Map themes ... as I wrote, Locus Map checks for xml files in one subdirectory level. You placed xml files into second subdirectory level (relative to "_themes" directory), so Locus Map is unable to find it.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Quick check of the map magnification of vector maps. Looks lime it works again as I expect it. As in older versions.
I am not having a degree in Locus so I must admit I did not understand our honorable padavan Menion, who taught us it was already good in the last version 😁 Well, books have been written about map magnification.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

... really funny is that: how it works in recent version is exactly the same as it worked in previous (at least from the developer point of view) except one tiny detail ... the map immediately displays (zoom in/out) result of "magnify" change.
Well ... fine, one part of bigger problems solved, uff :)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

I did a lot of v4 map switching and they all load quickly. No white boxes etc. I am happy about the vector map system again. There's just that text bug (cut text) on first load of area, as John already mentioned. Thx for your hard work!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

poutnikl

I wonder for some time already, when I use the magnifying glass button, why it keeps the original zoom scale ?

Would not be better to display the scale the map has after zooming ?

Or, not to display it at all, instead of being wrong ?

Odesláno z mého Mi A2 pomocí Tapatalk

Tapio

Menion, if Smooth Interface is off, "Fill map gaps" has no effect, is that intended? I think it worked once, so we had map gaps filled, minus the smooth transition effects. I'd prefer it this way.
  •  

john_percy

@menion
Is resolving the double contour line bug in your to do list? I find it a real pain.
(Last mentioned in https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6502.msg55328#msg55328 .)

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Tapio

A minor one:
In the data manager, tracks oberview, long tap to the left, on a preview picture, does not create a preview. If one is there, it deletes it. v4 map + totm theme.
  •  

Menion

@poutnikl
isn't it same like when you pick real magnifier? It also displays the same object but enlarged. And not some modified scaled clone. Are we talking about magnifying glass on the screenshot below? If so, which scale is incorrect?

@tapio
hmm I'm checking it and "Fill map gaps" should not be affect by any feature. There is need to see difference between effect of "smooth interface" and "fill map gaps".
"Smoot interface" is able to reuse map tiles from current visible zoom level during zoom to other zoom level. Nothing more. When you then scroll by map to are without a map in current zoom level, it has no effect.
On other side, "fill map gaps" should be able to search in available zoom levels of the current map and fill empty spaces on the screen by map tiles from different zoom levels.

Map overview for the track: complicated unsolvable problem. With LoMaps, this most probably does not happen because they have exactly defined coverage area. So question here is how to get more precise coverage for other vector maps as well ... hmm.

@john_percy
I still did not noticed this issue, never. I'll add it to my todo list, but to be true, I currently have absolutely no idea how to solve it ...
  •