Re: [APP] - version 3.38.+ ( 22. 5. 2019 )

Started by Menion, May 22, 2019, 13:23:28

T-mo

Quote from: menion on June 17, 2019, 20:06:20I'll have to think about it little more, but old zoom value are from my point of view useful for "geeks", but average user lives in the world of directly visible scale (like "this line" is 300 metres) or in older system of paper maps (1:25k, 1:50k etc.).
Sure, I understand that with raster-maps this is a bit more challenging.
The problem with extraordinary discrete %-values might also be that features like auto-zoom might be different from map to map..
At this point it might make sense to think about preserving some extra space in internally build/used map-arrays, keeping map-dependent-parameters, and integrate an additional internally used map-scale-factor, starting with 100% as same-value-on-each-map, but might come in handy if time tells some tricks needs to be done and different values might be the better way..you never know ;D staying flexibile while changing the structure. Sure, not a new idea and royal thoughts already used by devs 8)

CabrioTourer

Something happens and makes Locus go crazy for me.
I have a route with starting point near by my position and end point 10km away.
When starting Navigation it starts recalculation and recalculates to my end point. It doesn't matter which way of Navigation start I use and it happens even with other new planned route.
WTF....
Looks Locus is more or less unusable for me.
  •  

CabrioTourer

I restored 3.37.2. Looks much better.
Something is wrong in new route recalculation in 3.38 I guess.
  •  

Menion

*** Beta 3.38.5.1 with a bunch of updates & fixes *** (not just problematic navigation).

Quick test who is interested. If no serious problem, the release will be tomorrow, so on weekend riding, app, mainly it's navigation, is usable again.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

slarti76

Quote from: menion on June 20, 2019, 14:01:20
*** Beta 3.38.5.1 with a bunch of updates & fixes *** (not just problematic navigation).
Magnify now works flawlessly and as expected, didn't have any hiccups in (admittedly short) test. Thanx, great!

But I have one complaint:
Hiding the "world maps" from the Quick Map Switch is a NO-GO like this: I have a downloaded Google map with a wide zoom level range (7-21 or something) that is now hidden. It's my main offline map! Please don't hide maps that also contain high zoom levels.
Good opportunity to point to this again: https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/flag-to-hide-maps-from-quick-map-switch - definitely the more flexible solution... ;)
  •  

john_percy

In MF4 maps, texts such as town names are frequently truncated at tile boundaries on first display (moving the map to the location, changing map) but display correctly on zooming out and then in, or vice versa.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

erfi

Beta 3.38.5.1
A first test on the couch: The issue of navigation with multiple via points and endpoint priority persists. With automatic recalculation via points are ignored. Often, after an automatic recalculation, you are taken directly to the end point of the route. However, I only tested with GPS off (simulation). With old version 3.37.2 it works fine.
  •  

Menion

@slarti76
oki, I'm really glad to read this about "magnify" system.
About world map : good point, I'll fix it.

@john_percy
I'm not sure how to quickly fix it, but I add it to my list of smaller tasks related to improving of MF4 maps, thanks

@erfi
I was quite sure that it is fixed, but not on 100%, that's why I published Beta first. Thanks, I'll do more precise tests tomorrow.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: erfi

Henk van der Spek

Mmm, what to say about guiding and navigation. It is still far from the quality of 3.27.1. and even 3.37.2 was better for me.

For the round-trips I tested from the couch both seam to go to the first point after the start of the loop. I do not remember that behaviour. After tapping nearest point this is corrected sometimes but most of the times NOT to more or less "nearest point".

Recalculate with "strict navigation" on, adds a route to the start point of the loop. GOOD. But I have to leave "auto-recalculate" off and that is a disadvantage when straying from the route.

Navigation in reverse on a round-trip goes actually to the nearest point in the loop and navigates me in reverse direction and leaves out the last part of the loop (since I cut in halfway, understandable but why not completing the available loop?).  Recalculating ignores completely the "reverse" setting. NOT GOOD.

Navigation and Guiding in reverse on a one-way trip so far always guides me to the end point. Tapping nearest point has no effect. NOT GOOD.

All navigation still, as before, makes my track invisible. It should stay visible under the navi track especially handy when I cut in halfway or pieces are left out of the navigation after the end point of a loop.

One of my tracks goes banana. See attachement. Upon checking it also does this in 3.38.4. This track is about 19 kms long but upon navigation (and or guiding) it is done 30 times and Locus totally freezes. Not important, so far only one, i did not test all of mine of course.

SO far my quick impression. I am outdoors next week but I will try to keep an eye open.

Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Tom

Hi Menion,

thank you for the new beta. The hill shading works perfectly now - even with more than 3000 HGT files.

Best regards,
Thomas
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

john_percy

A minor point, but somewhere along the line "Overlays" has lost its icon. That's in the select online map menu. Even if an overlays.png file is present in mapsOnline/custom it doesn't display it.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

LoMap world has changed (black/blue VEC) icon
my settings
- maps adv./Preload global map > LoMap World
- offlinemaps > autoload maps of identical type only

- if i display any german LoMap e.g. Germany South and zoom out world map isnĀ“t loaded autamaticly
- next i select LoMap world manually, this map is displayed
- zooming in now there is no map displayed, no autoloaded map ?!
- now i select manually the german map (title is visible in topbar) furthermore no map is displayed :o
only restart of LM help to display this map again
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

T-mo

Menion, 2 questions

• I played around with 'optimise map resolution' on and off+magnify. For my needs I guess magnify might not be the real solution as it also affects vector-maps and the %-value-thing. My Andoid has 401ppi. Is 'optimise map resolution' technically about using different dpi-float-scalings or about discrete factors like integers 1, 2, 3, maybe 4, to only have pixels multilpied by this? Couldn't really pick the situation in the last discussions
  • folder mapsvector>_themes: some themes like Elevate and VoluntaryUK only work if they are extracted directly in this folder, but not if in a dedicated directory. Other themes like outdoorV4 and TOTMV4 work if in didicated directories. 2nd are using symbols+patterns, 1st not, if this is of meaning. 1st lead to cluttered folders. Do you see a simple solution to being able to use each theme in its own folder, locus-side or theme-creator-side?
I guess that you know that we know that you know that we know that this is what we all feel, this is an awesome piece of app and worth to talk about with passion 8)
  •  

Menion

Friday afternoon, definitelly worst time to publish a new version. But navigation problem see to be critical issue.

So new version 3.38.6, just generates. Thanks for the quick test. Wish me luck ...

Next week, I'll try to focus mainly on bug-fixing so I'll for sure give some feedback on the more or less minor issues you reported here. And also on remaining navigation issue, thanks @0709.

@Henk van der Spek
at least weird issue with navigation on your track should be fixed. Other issues with navigation itself ... next week. Sounds complicated :).

@john_percy
"overlay icon" fixed thanks

@balloni55
nice steps for a weird issue with the world map, thanks!
- the issue with autoloading happens to me once and then never more again
- the issue with selecting world map and then selecting any other LoMaps happens always. Help here is to select a map theme. But why this happens even after an hour is not clear to me, crazy. I'll look at it more precisely next week.

@T-mo
1. why "Optimize raster map resolution" settings do not fit your needs? Raster maps are then rescaled too much? Rescale by DPI use floating point values, but in most cases, it will end on integer value for raster maps. For vector maps, the situation is different and there it is always floating point value that more precisely match device DPI.
2. hmm, I'm checking code and app should list all directories in mentioned mapsVector/_themes directory and in every directory search for *.xml files. XML files in the root of the _themes directory should be ignored. Maybe you may zip me _themes directory that does not work as you expect and share it with me? Thanks.
  •