Re: [APP] - version 3.38.+ ( 22. 5. 2019 )

Started by Menion, May 22, 2019, 13:23:28

slarti76

Quote from: menion on May 29, 2019, 13:37:10
@slarti76
interesting problem with OruxMaps, nothing like this noticed but will watch it.
Thx. It actually happens again from time to time, but couldn't figure out the conditions yet. After switch to another map, it usually works again, but not all the time.

QuoteNotifications for updates are really weird. Yes, I looked on it and should be fixed, weird ...
Actually, now they're gone. It's possible, this time it was my fault, not cleaning the notifications. Sorry for false alarm.

One more thing: Can't find the switch to turn off map rescaling, at least it's not in Settings>Maps>Offline (I definitely saw it in the beta).
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: john_percy on May 28, 2019, 20:42:03
I still don't like the way "Magnify all maps" works. But I've also realised it doesn't respect the value in settings.
I can adjust the value to 150% in settings using the slider, but the map is actually magnified by 200%.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk
I can confirm this, "Magnify" uses the same factor no matter what I select in dialog. Maybe this is also in relation to my problem with it sometimes not working at all...
That being said, at least I think raster maps do look better now when magnifyed.
  •  

Graf Geo

Excuse me, if this problem has already been mentioned here.
My English is not so good that I want to read the whole thread. Therefore I use the DeepL translator here.

After updating to Locus 3.38 and downloading openandromaps maps V4, the current map is no longer displayed or updated in the list of offline maps if the map itself was moved to Locus and a completely different map is displayed.

Screenshots: in the list the manually clicked map Berlin ML remains highlighted in orange, although Locus itself has been moved to the Canary Islands.

Another minor problem:

After restarting locus no map is displayed at the cursor position, only after zooming or moving the cursor does the map reappear. (This happens if another map is marked in the list than was last displayed at the cursor position. See 3rd screenshot)

BTW: Despite these small inconsistencies locus is one of the best apps I've ever used!
  •  

michaelbechtold

Have you upgraded to 3.38.3 ? There (most of) the vector maps issues are resolved..
  •  

slarti76

Hi Menion
I think I now solved the "Magnify all maps" mystery:

• The map doesn't get magnified when I'm already in the highest available zoom level. This kinda makes sense given the new system that uses the next zoom level and then enlarges the tiles. But it's confusing to say the least. I didn't notice this in the downloaded Google Maps, because it has more levels than my OruxMaps map.
  • The same observation also explains what John and I experiences: In fact, the magnification is not just 200%, it's the relation between the two levels. E.g., from level 1:50000 to 1:25000 it's 200%, from 1:25000 to 1:10000 it's 250%.
Now I'm not totally sure about your concept right now, but I have the feeling that you can't keep the current system together with a freely definable zoom factor. Either you go back to the old system, just enlarging the tiles by X% (and thereby changing the field of view). Or it becomes simply a "Magnify" switch that uses the next best zoom level, but same field of view. Of course, for the highest available zoom level (see 1), you'd still have to enlarge the tiles by a fixed factor, let's say 200%. But right now, the zoom selection is pointless.

EDIT: Well, it's probably possible to have both by choosing the lower zoom level and adjusting the zoom factor in a way that the tiles are enlarged just as demanded by the setting, while keep the field of view. Just some maths. ;)
  •  

Graf Geo

Quote from: michaelbechtold on May 29, 2019, 18:15:20
Have you upgraded to 3.38.3 ? There (most of) the vector maps issues are resolved..
Yes I did...
  •  

balloni55

- zooming out any LoMap, till ZL12 map is displayed
- ZL11 is always blank white >LoMap "World" is visble in top label
- ZL10 world map is visible
same behavior vice versa
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

"magnify all maps" on vector maps was good any time before, now it's broken. 125% is not magnifying , 150% same as 200.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

ksv

With 3.38.3 excellent comfort-looking raster map picture is back. Many thanks :-)
  •  

slarti76

Route Planner 3.38.3 almost unusable:
All actions on points (POIs, track points) are unavailable, see screenshot ("Add" is just a text, clicking has no effect).
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: slarti76 on May 30, 2019, 10:21:03
All actions on points (POIs, track points) are unavailable, see screenshot ("Add" is just a text, clicking has no effect).
Cannot confirm. On Poi it offers me 3 kinds of points to add. Maybe some icon cache related thing?
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: tapio on May 30, 2019, 10:39:50
Quote from: slarti76 on May 30, 2019, 10:21:03
Cannot confirm. On Poi it offers me 3 kinds of points to add. Maybe some icon cache related thing?
Perhaps. After restart, options did appear again for POIs and special points, but not when clicking on a plain track point. Weird...
  •  

CabrioTourer

Regarding route planner. Sometimes it losts all (or a part) of shaping points. Can't find a way to reproduce.

The reason for this post is a different one.
I have a preset with hold center disabled for planning and one with hold center active for Navigation.
Today, in the middle of navigation the hold center doesn't work anymore. It's a known issue for a long time and after switching presets (means hold center on/off) multiple times it works again in the past.Today it wasn't possible to make it work again. I tried it a long time. I generated a trace log. Maybe this helps.

In the end the only way to fix this was to stop Locus App and start again.
  •  

Tapio

The Gpsies moduleis rather clunky and could be more condensed and offer multiselection.

And something easy to fix: after download of a track a new window appears with just the message that download was successful.
EDIT: btw I cannot find the download.
A green hint would totally be enough.
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
well, 0.0/0.0 coordinates are by Locus Map considered as invalid, so there is more probably some crash on the background.

@slarti76
- during last days I've found a few more problems with maps, so you issue with OruxMaps may be the same, already fixed, issue.
- the switch is in advanced settings.
- scaling issue: good observation to you and John. "Magnify all maps" did not work correctly as John mentioned some time ago. I've spent on this some time yesterday and now it finally looks correct. It will anyway need testing, so next Beta. And thanks for the precise description of the problem :).
- the problem in route planner: this happens on both your devices? Seems you have some super-huge screen resolution, it is on your Note 4?

@Graf Geo
once a selected map is for forever as the main map. So if you zoom away, this map will always be visible in the top. Maybe I'll change this later, but for now, it works this way.

Problem with empty screen after the start is interesting. It looks like automatic loading is not working correctly right after start. I'm sure it will work correctly if you keep enabled GPS, because this force app to refresh map screen every second.

@balloni55
ah thanks. All world maps use max. level 11, but this LoMaps world map is valid only to level 10, so I have to hardcode this parameter into app.

@tapio
- problem with "Magnify" confirmed and explained above in answer to slarti76
- GPSies, well not an important topic now. Tracks are anyway downloaded into MapItems system.

@CabrioTourer
there was some changes in "hold center" system and it should be automatically disabled for route planner now, so no need to play with presets because of this. Log anyway won't help, I'll have to play with it a little more with hope to simulate it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •