Problems with navigating a route

Started by jonny.blue, April 28, 2019, 10:01:19

jonny.blue

Hi,
my aim is to create a route (with many deviations) for biking which starts and ends at one point.
I want to navigate along the complete route and when I miss the route Locus should lead me back to the next point of the route.

I now tried ( in the test mode with GPS off  8)) several settings ... but no one leads to the desired result.
Version: latest beta 3.37.2.9
Settings:
- Route re-calculation:
   + route priority (with distance 80 m)
- advanced
   + Strict route following on
       - what ever difference this should effect, because I always want to go back to my route when navigation a route
   + max. allowed deviation
      - I set this to 10000 because I don't know what this switching from navigation to guidance should effect

First I created a route with many "minor" streets with shaping points (Screen 1: red=desired;purple="normal" route)

When I start to navigate and leave the route for some meters Locus calculates the complete route new (Screen 2)

•  

jonny.blue

Second try with "Via Points":
I create a via point and started with "point priority".
When I now leave the route Locus points to the first Via Point ... Screen 1

... but the navigation route doesn't start from my GPS position. It just shows the route where I should be.
My active cursor (with my position) stands alone beside the route.

•  

jonny.blue

Another try with via Points:

The first time I leave the route LM recalculates and shows the new route from my GPS point.
When I then left the route for a next time on a different point ... then I can see a blue cursor on the navigation route and my actual position (+) with no connection to the route.
It seems as if recalculation and drawing the route new from actual position only works one time.
  •  

jonny.blue

Interesting ...  :o

when I activated my screen an tablet (after writing the last post) Locus immediately starts recalculation.

This behaviour can be repeated. I just have to wait until my screen is turned off ... when I activate the screen -> Locus recalculates the route from my GPS point.  ::)
  •  

jonny.blue

When I then follow the route and stop navigation ... and want to  proceed the route (without having passed
the via point) Locus leads me back to the Via point.
I found no way to proceed my navigation to the end point ...

After some attempts ... I changed my setting to "route priority" ... and now Locus navigates from my position in end direction (without the skipped via point).
  •  

jonny.blue

As you see from my posts ....

Navigating is really confusing because of many different options with different effects.
At home it's possible to test ... and switch ... and restart .. and switch  ... and test

But last week I did a biking tour with my friends and (almost) every second parking place we stopped and  I needed to justify the route.  :(
  •  

jonny.blue

After some more tests (and the help from 0709  8)) I found a setting that comes near to my desired behaviour.
I choose "no autorecalculation" ... use some via points (to protect the planned route) ... set manual recalculation to route priority ... increased the size of guidance line (with distance shown) ...
and result is:
  •  

Menion

Good day Jonny,
long post full of testing ... sorry for some bad moments you had with the navigation system.

In recent few days, I made some improvements, mainly related to "route priority" recalculation system. It will need some tests, but I think it looks good. If you are using beta versions, next Beta (end of this week) will include these changes.

I wrote about the coming changes here: https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/via-point-converts-to-sharping-pount#comment-69788 . Required behavior should be exactly what you need. App should with disabled "stick" option, try to push you back on route, but not force you to go back on some trackpoint far away behind you.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

jonny.blue

Thanks  8), with new beta it is working much more better.
But ... ::)

After recalculating Locus leads me back sometimes just 'a little bit' (without a via point).
Sc1: starting point
Sc2: overview
Sc3: this is what I would see (and hear) on my bike (with zoom according to speed)
  •  

Menion

Hmm not best. Recalculation with route-priority, "stick to route" disabled, right?
  •  

jonny.blue

•  

Menion

Hello Willy,
what is the difference between the first two videos? I watched them more than once but still does not see any significant difference. Thanks

I'm just tested Strict mode and it seems to work the same as before.
  •  

Menion

Willy, exactly this I've found during the last weekend and made a bigger update in just published 3.27.2.11 Beta version, so please give it a try. Will do too during the weekend :).

EDIT: damn, found one more issue after publishing a new version. Seems that app does not merge two tracks correctly ... yet. So the next version will be needed.
  •  

poutnikl

Hmm, I guess I have asked @Menion by other words about this possible undesired tailing recently as well. :-) ( not having opportunity to test it yet.)

Odesláno z mého Mi A2 pomocí Tapatalk

poutnikl

The new beta route priority recalculation seems working fine, doing deviations along a precalculated city walking route.

For both GPX based and directly calculated routes.

Odesláno z mého Mi A2 pomocí Tapatalk