Live Tracking button & notifications inconsisent in Flight Mode

Started by Andrew Heard, April 21, 2019, 01:20:06

Andrew Heard

I have noticed some inconsistencies of handling Live Tracking in Flight Mode. Why you ask does it make sense to have Live Tracking and Flight Mode?? I auto-start Live Tracking, but to save battery consumption I only briefly disable Flight Mode every 30 to 60 minutes to update my position. This nearly halves battery consumption from 4.5% to 2%/hour! Note this only works with the Live Tracking premium subscription.

1) I have added a top panel button for Live Tracking. But when my phone is in Flight mode, surely the Live Tracking button should not be green? I'd suggest it use the disabled or orange coloring like the Track Recording button in attached screen cap.

2) When I exit Locus and my phone is in Flight mode, does it make sense to display the "Live Tracking - Do You Really Want To Exit" nag screen?

3) If I have a positive feedback notification enabled for Live Tracking with short (10 seconds) frequency of updating, I often hear the positive notification 3 or 4 times in quick succession when I disable Flight Mode. Note the frequency of updating is set to a low value so that my position is updated immediately after disabling Flight Mode. I previously had this value set to the maximum 300 seconds, but then my position is only updated some random time between 0 and 300 seconds rather than immediately after disabling Flight Mode.

On the whole, this combination of Live Tracking premium subscription, flight mode optimization, positive notification and frequency of updating settings works exceptionally well to minimize battery consumption and mobile data while allowing friends to track my position with an acceptable level of accuracy.
LM4.23.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •