Locus Map for Garmin

Started by Jan Čapek, April 17, 2019, 10:14:43

Christophe

Hi Jan, very good job that this app. I use it for cycling On my handlebar. Is it possible to use an external HR capteur? Because when my watch is not on my wrist the HR is not displayed.
Thanks
Christophe
  •  

sbouju

Are you sure that your Garmin watch cannot use an external HR sensor in place of its own...?
  •  

Christophe

Hi,
My Garmin Watch is able to use an external HR sensor. But when I record a session with Locus map for Garmin application only the internal watch sensor is used. When I remove the watch from my wrist the HR is "--".
  •  

sbouju

OK... So if it is OK, you may prefer record your session with the watch app alone (= without any Locus app), in this case of twin HR sensors ?
  •  

Jan Čapek

Hi, the app should connect to same sensors you use for selected activity type when recording activity by Locus Map for Garmin. I would suggest to make sure, you are opening the app and turning on the activity when you already have your HR sensor active. It should for sure work.
  •  

sbouju

Just begining  with Locus v4 beta...
How can I inform Locus 4, or my Garmin watch, or both, than I am already registered for the full version of Locus Map for Garmin, and so, to go out the preview mode on my watch?
  •  

Jan Čapek

Hi, just log in to Locus Store withing LM4 with your account and item will immediately become identified as purchased already.
  •  

sbouju

Thank you, You've got great! ;)
I probably had this problem because of my two valid Locus accounts...
  •  

sbouju

If I start to record an activity from the Locus Map module of my watch only (and Locus Map app not launched on the smartphone),  is it a normal behaviour to see this recording stopped when the smartphone shut down (for example if it has no more power...) ?
  •  

hom

HI,
on my vivoactive 4 I can't see the map shared by my smartphone.
I have the add on, start the app after the route ecc.. but i dont see anything only square field...
  •  

Jan Čapek

Hi @hom,
unfortunately phone maps feature in Garmin addon is currently broken. We hope to find some solution soon. For more detail or possible workaround on your side please see:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=538744690854580&id=115149903214063
  •  

sbouju

Quote from: sbouju on March 25, 2021, 09:29:24
If I start to record an activity from the Locus Map module of my watch only (and Locus Map app not launched on the smartphone),  is it a normal behaviour to see this recording stopped when the smartphone shut down (for example if it has no more power...) ?

Up...
  •  

Jan Čapek

Quote from: sbouju on March 25, 2021, 09:29:24
If there is recording activity using Garmin GPS and watch looses connection with smartphone (for example when battery dies), application will show huge red alert but continue to record on background. When leaving the app (alert), the app will provide selection whether you want to save or discart such recording.

This is of course not ideal, I hope to implement this better so the app will remain usable even when phone is not accessible, but right now, there are other priorities to take care off.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: sbouju

Germed

Hi, I have downloaded the version 4.39, but it does not work as well. Is something changed since the first Facebook announcement?
  •  

Jan Čapek

Hi Germed, not that I am aware of and also other do not report such thing. Was you online when you tried that?
  •