Locus Map for Audax. A number of issues

Started by freeflow, April 16, 2019, 12:21:28

freeflow

Audax is the sport of long distance cycling.   Consequently, I frequently follow gpx routes using my phone over distances of 2/300 km.  The experience of using Locus Maps (Full version) for navigating by gpx is marred by a number of minor issues.  I'd either like to raise these issues as problems or receive pointers as to where the respective setting options are located.

1.  Compass display is obscured

I have a 3x4 item display at the top of the screen.  This covers the compass.  Is there an option to relocate where the compass displays on the screen.

2. Route Alignment - 2 issues

I have the map set to auto rotate.  My expectation is that the blue line of the route should intersect the top of the screen.

Problem 1.  Frequently the gpx line is just left to right on the screen or even aligned so that the route intersects the bottom of the screen.

Problem 2.  The arrow icon points back along the part of the route I have ridden and not in the direction I have yet to ride.

3. Bluetooth devices do not reconnect after a pause

I use BT 4 LTE HR and Speed/Cadence devices.  These devices connect as expected when I start route recording.  However, if I postpone route recording at the start due to a short delay, or if I pause recording due to a scheduled stop, the bluetooth devices never reconnect when I restart route recording (at least the display of the values generated by those devices is not actively displayed).  If I go to setting the devices are generally disconnected.  I connect the devices then the displays come back.

4. The calculation of moving average speed does not acknowledge pauses in recording

Due to the distance ridden, there are stops for eating and refilling water bottles etc.  I pause the recording at such stops to make sure that the gps also stops recording.  I know there is a setting to stop the gps recording when I stop but that doesn't seem to work, hence the manual pause.  The main issue is that the time for which the recording is stopped is not included in the calculation of the moving average speed.  Audax has a minimum speed so this value is useful to know.  It would be helpful to have a moving average speed which did not exclude pause time from its calculation.
  •  

Menion

Good day freeflow,

let's look on these issues a little bit.

1. compass problem
may you please attach a screenshot? Anyway, compass position is fixed, s if you are using the dashboard as an overlay to display values on the screen, you need to insert space on the place where compass appears.

2. again screenshot should be welcome. Currently, Locus Map rotates screen in direction, where the current track segment lead, so you should always have a map rotates in the exact same direction as you move. Do you think it should be more useful to compute rotation based on the trackpoint somewhere in future? Based on your description may happen, that arrow with your current movement will point down just because 500 after will be u-turn, am I right?

3. hmm as app work now, they should not even disconnect. Do you pause track recording simply by orange "pause button"? Immediately after that, devices disconnect? Or this happens after you turn the screen off/on?
If you first turn the screen off, after you turn the screen back on, is Locus visible immediately or it starts with small loading dialog and small warning about unfinished recording?

4. where you see moving average speed we speak about?

Menion
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •