Re: [APP] - version 3.37.+ ( 18. 3. 2019 )

Started by Menion, March 18, 2019, 14:52:24

john_percy

Search address (offline), select country no longer works in beta. List of countries appears, tap on any one briefly highlights it but nothing further. Works OK for me in my current full Pro version.
(Edit)
Furthermore, Search Contacts loads contacts (OK), tap X in top corner to back out gives screen with back arrow in top left, hamburger menu top right, neither of which work. Use system back arrow to get search side menu to appear, select a different option and then exit from search OK.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: john_percy on May 06, 2019, 16:12:35
Search address (offline), select country no longer works in beta. List of countries appears, tap on any one briefly highlights it but nothing further.
confirmed
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

T-mo

Route Planner:
starting with brouter-engine and then switching to Graphhopper and hitting recalculate all from the hamburger menu always gives the message 'you can calculate..brouter only'.
If I then select a route segment (vehicle type symbol) and use the recalculate button next to the shown graph, or move a point back and forth, recalculation with graphhopper works as intended 8)
So recalculate all has some flaws.
recalculation with brouter as engine works always.

•  

Menion

@tramp20
weird, all work for me on Android 9. What happens when you "cancel" backups and then set them up from scratch?

@Viajero Perdido
hmm, specific use-case. Anyway, I'll check it, but correct should be to close whole big screen with available PQ files right after import starts.

@john_percy
ah, ugly issue. Thanks, offline search fixed.

This problem with contacts is in the app for many many years. Press "back" twice and it will be ok :).

@T-mo
well, not sure what is the problem. Fact that you can't recalculate the whole route with other then BRouter engines? This is not an issue as notification say.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: menion on May 08, 2019, 09:41:43
@tramp20
weird, all work for me on Android 9. What happens when you "cancel" backups and then set them up from scratch?

Ofc I did this many times :-(
If I reboot the next morning some times the missing auto backup is generated with the actual day/time, but at the next configured date nothing happens.
This occurs only since 3.37.2.10.
What can I do for you?
A catlog started at the configured time and stopped after 10 mins? What should I filter?

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

john_percy

"Zoom according to speed" setting doesn't display a map as a visual clue for me, unlike current Pro version. Also, as the significance of zoom values has changed, is setting this by zoom values the right approach? If I use a Locus or MFv3 map, ZL15 typically gives an equivalent area to ZL13 with a MFv4 map now.
  •  

Menion

@tramp20
the current auto backup system is based on Android library that decides on it's own, when to perform backups. So time defined in an application may not fit exactly (the difference may be an hour even more).

Because of this, it is really complicated to fix something around incorrect starting. Anyway if you have defined backup and it does not start in the worst case a few hours after it should, and you have active wi-fi, then it looks like a problem.

Because I did no changes in current backup system, I'll let it be for now and write me once final 3.38 version will be out and same issue happens. Thanks

@john_percy
hmm good point. Visible zoom levels are just labels. Internall app use so called "camera scale" value which is independent on used map.
So we need here some replacement for this "zoom: x" texts. Ideas? Small image similar to "scale bar" at main screen in every row?
  •  

john_percy

@menion
If you can get the map display working again in this setting screen, then the text for the scale bar length itself may be sufficient, eg "60 yd" in the screenshot.
In the screenshot, also note the ellipsis ("...") is not needed in the first column.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

•  

john_percy

Returning to the matter of double contour lines with MFv4 maps where more than one map covers the area in question, which is apparently linked with map auto loading. With the latest version, this still happens but it's always resolved by selecting the map again or by selecting the theme again, which makes me think the problem is not insoluble.

•  

Menion

*** new Beta 3.27.2.11 ***

Biggest changes:

• minimal Android version changed to 5.0+
  • complete selection for V3 and V4 vector themes in presets
  • and many more in app news

@john_percy
Improved layout for auto-zoom will probably need some more time. Anyway, I've found that indeed, the old system used hardcoded integer values for interpolation between defined intervals. So I've changed this system. Unfortunately, I also had to change it internally quite a lot, so please redefine auto-zoom values manually again.
  •  

erfi

Beta 3.27.2.11: After starting the route planner, the visible waypoints disappear.
  •  

john_percy

@menion
I understand that you need to work on the autozoom settings screen but the current one now displays incorrect values. If I attempt to do the settings while I have a MFv4 map displayed, the map magnification value it shows for zero speed is 16|100% (which is correct for LoMaps and MFv3) but the map image and scale corresponds to 18|100% for my device for MFv4. I've not yet checked it on the move.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

The new Beta does not run on Android 8.  In addition, the Beta installation has changed the settings in the Pro version.  Specifically, the map theme has changed everywhere.
  •  

poutnikl

Interesting, as it does run on Android 9. Could the issues be related to incidental parallel running both Pro and Beta ?

Odesláno z mého Mi A2 pomocí Tapatalk

balloni55

- FC while start initialisation window
- after restart of device, Beta run one times, but with light(Blank) map
- next start FC
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •