Re: [APP] - version 3.37.+ ( 18. 3. 2019 )

Started by Menion, March 18, 2019, 14:52:24

Menion

Hello slarti76,
hmm, what is your settings > maps > advanced features > Increase map resolution?
Seems this setting affect lower limits of "zoom lock".

I believe that in the special alpha version we test here on the forum, this issue no longer exists.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

For whatever reason it sometimes shows 0m track length and elevation gain. Which is wrong, see attachment. I did some track splits before.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Hello Tapio,
this issue happens when you move a track between folders and probably also when you do some advanced edits. In the next version, this should be fixed. Sorry for this.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Christian

This happens also to all tracks which exists before the Distance, elevation gain a.s.o are displayed in Track Manager. When tapping more -> add elevation then the values of length and ele. gain are displayed in Track Manager.
Menion, would you please provide an action or a script doing this automatically? For all these thousands of tracks generated before....
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Menion

Thousands? This happens for all of your tracks? I tough we solved one similar issue in the latest version, so this should happen only for newly modified tracks!

With my work on many places last weeks, I have little mess in head what and where is already fixed. Anyway, I'll definitely publish regular Beta version next week, so if with this beta problem still appear, I'll add into the app method to fix this problem for the whole database.
  •  

Andrew Heard

general sorting/ searching questions (3.37.2 Pro):
I don't know whether the previous posts regards search/ sort are related to my experience, but when I do a global Search in Tracks from the Track screen, with no entered fields, I get a list in some somewhat random order, but the longest tracks are displayed at the top of the list. How is this list sorted? In my test (attached) the tracks at the top of the list are 1000's km away. Note GPS disabled.

If I enter partial text in optional Search Title, the search order still doesn't make sense to me.

So when I sort tracks in a single track folder by Nearest, what is the blue "nearest" distance? If I turn off GPS and move the map center to a position that only passes through a single known recorded track (600km ride), it displays the distance as 64km away, although the order is correct, could the distance be to the start of the track instead of the current position? Sorting by all other means works perfect for me except Nearest.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Christian

Quote from: menion on April 20, 2019, 22:04:30
Thousands? This happens for all of your tracks? I tough we solved one similar issue in the latest version, so this should happen only for newly modified tracks!

With my work on many places last weeks, I have little mess in head what and where is already fixed. Anyway, I'll definitely publish regular Beta version next week, so if with this beta problem still appear, I'll add into the app method to fix this problem for the whole database.
Only edited / Brouter-generated Tracks has elevation in my tracklist. The other thousands not :(
Yesterday I found a track which did not have a distance value in track list. May be there are some more...
Version is 3.37.2.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: menion on April 17, 2019, 00:04:06
Hello slarti76,
hmm, what is your settings > maps > advanced features > Increase map resolution?
Seems this setting affect lower limits of "zoom lock".
Yeah, I got that activated.

QuoteI believe that in the special alpha version we test here on the forum, this issue no longer exists.
Didn't have the time yet, but will try out on the next version.
  •  

slarti76

I reported that before: Almost every action in the track editor leads to a "Process successful" message that stays on for several seconds, which is far too long and covers the < and > buttons. I think you only removed this for "Delet point", but not for the other operations.
Honestly, I don't see the need for this message at all - the user can see the result of all these actions immediately. If I delete a text in Word, it also won't tell me if it succeeded, only if there was a problem.
If you still want to keep the toast, please make it smaller so that the back and forth buttons are usable again immediately.

PS: Also, I again and again get the "To edit the track, tap it" message. Why? Been using the editor for hours and still get it.
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
hmm firstly because in the search screen is in "Track around" visible "My location", it means you have GPS enabled, at least Locus thinks it. Otherwise "Map center" should be in this field.

In sort by nearest, the same system is used. So if GPS is enabled, the last known location is used, otherwise, map center is used.

To be true, I see no reason why it should give incorrect results, just check this GPS on/off state, thanks.

@Christian
if possible, wait on next Beta or new version. This is a solvable problem, so no worry.

@slarti76
funny comparison to Word :). Oki agree, messages removed.

"To edit the track, tap it" message also inform that there is no activity running. I do not see a problem with this message to be true.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi Menion,
the meaning of "incorrect" is defined by the PURPOSE of the search.
A pretty usual scenario I am used to is:
1) you are on the ride, have a quick break
2) you plan to be in a place 30km away as next target
3) at the break (#1) you think about what to do after the next target
Currently you have to live with irrelevant data, based on your GPS position - OR have to switch off GPS, etc., etc..
4) and finally you forget to switch it on again :-((
What about a radio switch "from: GPS / Map Center" ?
All users happy for any scenario :-))
Cheers
Michael

PS: heading to Karlovy Vary in an hour from now - any hints for this region ?

•  

Menion

Hmm "nearest" in sorting of tracks should really be nearest. Even a "map center" used in case of disabled GPS is little weird (most probably should be "last known GPS location").

For your use-case, best should be to use "search" function where is really easy to change from GPS to "map center" (just two clicks).

Hmm area of Karlovy Vary, do not know this are well, but definitely city & castle Loket . There should be also very nice path between Loket and Karlovy Vary along that Ohře river (hike & bike).
  •  

john_percy

I have New Point enabled in the side menu.
1. Move map to location of interest. Tap on New Point. Note Save is on top bar of new screen, so should be safe to back out of this screen. Back out. New point saved at current location and map moves there. Lose place of interest. Not what I wanted at all. Bug.
2. Move map to location of interest. Tap on New Point. Fail to note that middle of screen says Current Location (not Map Centre). Save. New point saved at current location and map moves there. Lose place of interest. Not what I wanted at all. Either should remember previous user choice or default to Map Centre.

Conceptually this relates to the discussion of "nearest" above. The question is "Where are you interested in" - where the map is showing or where you are physically. Using the model of paper maps, if you are using a map you are *always* interested in where the map is showing.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: menion on April 22, 2019, 09:45:32
Hmm "nearest" in sorting of tracks should really be nearest. Even a "map center" used in case of disabled GPS is little weird (most probably should be "last known GPS location").

I think "would be nearest" approach explicitly given by the map center is legitimate, no matter if GPS is on or off.

One is not always interested in things related to the current position.

If the map center and GPS position match, then OK, I want the nearest.

If they do not, or location is unknown, I  want to pretend the map center is my position.

Before the searching, I can always rematch the screen with GPS position by the button, or, as fallback, would be good to rematch it with the last known position.

Odesláno z mého Mi A2 pomocí Tapatalk

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on April 22, 2019, 06:45:58
hmm firstly because in the search screen is in "Track around" visible "My location", it means you have GPS enabled, at least Locus thinks it. Otherwise "Map center" should be in this field.

In sort by nearest, the same system is used. So if GPS is enabled, the last known location is used, otherwise, map center is used.

To be true, I see no reason why it should give incorrect results, just check this GPS on/off state, thanks.
@menion - GPS was off. My 1st screen cap for "Track around" shows furthermost tracks sorted to top of list. But the distances are not even strictly descending.

The tracks sorted by Nearest show a weird distance in blue. All of the distances should be close to 0km because all the tracks originate at my house where the GPS position has been set. Locus, or my understanding, is not right.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •