Possibility to manualy select offline map directory

Started by fuhur, December 17, 2010, 12:53:19

fuhur

Hi !
This post is little bit connected with "Move to SD Card" post, but ...

Idea is to have possibility to select offline directory map in settings.
This will give possibility to create directory on external memory card an to select it.
For me - there are at least 2 reasons for that :

1. With Samsung Galaxy S i9000 from Orange - update to Android 2.2 will come in unknown future. Till that moment I can't move application to memory card and offline map data takes not so small space from limited internal memory.

2. I wish to have application in main memory. In a coressponding map directory there I'll keep small offline card for everyday use. When I have idea to have long hiking or long bike ride, it's good to have possibility to prepare larger map with Mobile Atlas Creator for instance and to put it on a separate SD card. And when start my activity, just to put card in a phone and point offline map directory to there.

For me it's a good idea to have possibility to do that with map cache also, but I think that complications in that case will be bigger.

Regards
Fuhur
  •  

Menion

Hi Fuhur,
  I fully understand your reasons! Ability to select another external directory for maps is planned. Wasn't time :)

currently, online cache directory and whole online system had fully changed (not released yet). Also offline system will be changed and online and offline maps will have same caching file. But you'll still have chance to use external maps and I'll also do possibility to select another map directory as you want.

So probably not this year :) but at start of next, it'll surely be done!

nice coming holidays
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

fuhur

Hi !
10X for the fast answer !
The problem with time is well known to me. Understand you well !
Hope you'll find some, without your wife/girlfriend kicks you out.
Wish you a nice holidays and big nice gift for Christmas.
Cheers !
  •  

Menion

so this is finally done since version 0.9.0.5!

solution is on Custom maps screen pres menu button and "Add  map" from bottom. Supported is only SQL maps, hope this is enough. Map file have to end with "sql", "sqlite" or "sqlitedb". Functionality is that you have to add every single map manually. But it's not a big problem I hope. Removing map, if anyone don't know is with long click ... hmm ... maybe I'll replace this later with some popup dialog.

one thing on end. When you delete map created and stored in locus, map file will be delete completely! When you delete external map (from another directory), map file will remain on place. It just delete link to this map.

Enjoy
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •