Update of map core (2019)

Started by Menion, February 16, 2019, 13:05:25

zossebart

Quote from: menion on May 02, 2019, 16:12:33
@zossebart
interesting. Added, enabled all found layers, left 3857 CRS and it works well. Hmm maybe you may try to delete Locus/cache directory, just for sure, there aren't any cached tiles from the old version.

Thanks, that helped. It's working now!
  •  

Menion

@michaelbechtold

Downloaded map: W1-8-MBt.mbtiles
Version: new Beta 3.27.2.10

Original map
screen: map_v1.png

Modification
image: map_modification.png

Result, modified map
image: map_v2.png

New scale system is multiplied by this 0.25 value, so app uses two fewer zooms. Anyway, the result won't be the same on all devices because the original scale is still defined by device DPI. Which is absolutely logical and something I really do not want to change.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

michaelbechtold

Thank you Menion, I understand the mechanics now, with the second picture.
Most prob. I will put a 0.5 into the mbtiles as a default.
I understand very well you want to preserve the new feature of dpi sensitivity as a general feature.
Will test myself  V. 10 ASAP.
  •  

michaelbechtold

PS: the new version will be a beta through Google Play?
  •  

Menion

I'm 100% sure that DPI applied to raster maps is the correct method. Why? Texts, icons, whole UI, almost everything scale based on device DPI because there are huge differences between small and huge resolutions. And only raster maps are still ... same.

New Beta version is already available on Google Play so feel free to test it. I believe that 0.5 value will be an ideal compromise for smaller and also bigger devices.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: menion on May 02, 2019, 16:12:33
JPEG/PNG compression
I'm surprised by your discover, nice. Check topic and mainly my post here: https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/sqlite-maps-compression-png-vs-jpeg#comment-26019 . It explains all.

Agree that with new rescale of raster maps, this topic may be re-open to the discussion.
Thx for the link, interesting. However, it's 3 years old, so I have the feeling that especially the comparison might not be up-to-date. I was also just thinking, that perhaps now WEBP should be considered as format. It's developped and endorsed by Google, so I assume the Android support should be good and is more likely to be improved in terms of speed and efficiency in the future than the others. What do you think?
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: menion on April 30, 2019, 14:30:56Exclude certain maps from "quick map switch" ... the ideal candidate for voting? (mainly because it's not a 5-minute task)
=> https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/flag-to-hide-maps-from-quick-map-switch
  •