Export POIs to edit them fully in Excel (or another tool)

Started by argaume, February 06, 2019, 10:04:04

argaume

Hi there,

I have a bunch of POIs which are have more or less complete information in the Locus Map app, containing descriptions, url, address....

I would like to edit them all in Excel to clean them up and also to add more information as it is easier doing so in the PC.

However, when exporting under GPX format, parts of the info retrieve is readable and can be edited, but some are under HTML format... CSV is no go because there is too little information to edit.

I was interesting to edit all the field, particularly, description, phone, url, address, ....

How can you do that in Excel or/and do you have a tool where you can do that seamlessly?

Many thanks in advance
  •  

Menion

Hi, try to disable "incl. images & description" in export screen. This should work in your case.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: argaume

argaume

Hi Menion, yes thanks it works to a certain degree, it shows limited info like name and description and URL.

So to turn the question around, what are the field that can be imported into Locus map, and what should be the format. If there would be a concise example of such file representing all the info that can be imported that would help me then.
  •  

argaume

adding:

- It would be great having a tool to edit the locus map formatted POIs.
  •  

Saturo

I use qmapshack for editing and archiving of my Pois.
  •  

argaume

Hi and thanks, I have tried now Qmapshak but when exporting to Locus Map, a bunch of HTML codes shows up so that is not optimal. Too bad there isn't a tool dedicated to Locus Map management of POIs.
  •