Re: [APP] - version 3.36.+ ( 30. 1. 2019 )

Started by Menion, January 30, 2019, 14:43:06

slarti76

In the track editor, when I e.g. delete points, there's a big green "Process successful" toast.
a) That's pointless - I can see that the process was successful. Only makes sense to show when something goes wrong.
b) It stays on way too long, and as long as it's there I can't use the < and > buttons. Slows quick deleting of track parts down a lot.
I don't know if that's new in this version, but it wasn't like this from the beginning.
  •  

jonny.blue

If I just use "log a trackable" then this is now working.

But the "load trackables" - button (to load the inventory) within a cache log page results in an error:
  •  

locus.sv@heime.org

I am not able to log trackables from the blue button inside log manager. The window listing the trackables is flashing briefly and closes immediately.

Stig Vidar

•  

Menion

@alezy
this will be complicated :/. Thanks for tracelog, I see there some issue in creating the view, but unfortunately, from this Beta version, it is not clear why this happens. I'll firstly try to ask my colleagues if they won't be able to simulate it. Does same issue happen also with the Pro version? Does this happen before? You are the only one who wrote to me about it.

@locus.sv@heime.org
ah, this helps (two screenshots), thanks! Seems that all trackable logs now needs a text message wrote by user. Not sure why I did not notice before. Anyway, it complicates UI a lot for quick "visited" and "dropped off" logs. Can you (or other active geocachers, @balloni55) imagine some automatic text always inserted into these quick logs?

Like simply for "visited" log insert "visited" and for "dropped off" insert "dropped off"? I know, you will want to configure these texts ... later :).

The second error is also nice, seems even a geocaching server had some problems with it. Why this happens is not clear to me. Did you tried to send the same log again or was this done by Locus itself automatically?

Log trackables from "Logs manager": I've found this as well and also found an issue here with logging. Fixed, thanks.

@slarti76
good point with this notification. Removed, thanks.

@jonny.blue
I've found that in certain cases, Locus did not marked send trackable log as really send. What happens to you is that Locus Map tries to firstly upload not yet send logs (which were already sent) and then try to load your inventory. Just press left button to throw away this log. Anyway will be fixed in the next version.

---

Thanks all for testing of this geocaching stuff. As I wrote, Groundspeak decided to completely change it's old API so I had to completely rewrite little-complicated logic around logging & few other stuff in the app. So already quite well-tested system needs to be re-tested again. Appreciate your time, because I know this is a problematic topic for testing mainly because no one wants to spam other caches or trackable.

Do not forget, that in Beta version is possible to enable communication with staging.geocaching.com (in the app expert settings), which is testing copy of original Groundspeak server where everybody may do whatever wants ;). Ideal place for testing.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

voldapet

@john_percy
I had short talk with menion about this issue and it's problematic to use overlapping maps with autoloading. It can really cause this issue. Unfortunately I don't have any solution for it...
  •  

john_percy

@voldapet. Understood, but it seems very strange to me that this is only initiated on going from ZL13 to ZL14. If it's so difficult to control, why does it not happen under other circumstances? Ah well.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Andrew Heard

Is the Locus World live tracking webpage working? I get an error for https://www.locusworld.com/. Also the Locus Map website link @ https://www.locusworld.com/ simply redirects back to https://www.locusmap.eu/live-tracking-chat/. Confusing.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

locus.sv@heime.org

Quote from: menion on February 19, 2019, 22:31:48
@locus.sv@heime.org
ah, this helps (two screenshots), thanks! Seems that all trackable logs now needs a text message wrote by user. Not sure why I did not notice before. Anyway, it complicates UI a lot for quick "visited" and "dropped off" logs. Can you (or other active geocachers, @balloni55) imagine some automatic text always inserted into these quick logs?

Like simply for "visited" log insert "visited" and for "dropped off" insert "dropped off"? I know, you will want to configure these texts ... later :).

The second error is also nice, seems even a geocaching server had some problems with it. Why this happens is not clear to me. Did you tried to send the same log again or was this done by Locus itself automatically?

Log trackables from "Logs manager": I've found this as well and also found an issue here with logging. Fixed, thanks.

A quick solution would be to use "visited" and "dropped off" as you suggests.

Regarding the second error, I was only sending this log a single time and the double log was done by the app itself. Has it something to do with the failed trackable log?
  •  

alezy

@menion, the same behavior on the pro version. I have checked the spring versions - the dialogue opened 1.5-2 times faster. If resolution of problem is complicated and there are no more messages from other users, then you can be consider it as a problem of a separate device/firmware and does not take into account.
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
from where comes locusworld.com address?
Just a few days ago we published a new page for live-tracking on: https://live-tracking.locusmap.app ... it's not yet 100% finished, but most for version 1 is already done (mainly "users guide" is in preparation).

So @all ... if anyone uses LT, feedback is welcome of course :).

@locus.sv@heime.org
hope that duplicate send was made by the problem with trackables. Anyway, even with the current Pro version, it should be possible over logs manager to send twice "found log". Never tried it before :).

@alezy
I'm mainly curious why this happen. We will have to find it over logs. New beta version now have some error logs ... so try it, create log after you open style editor and then in log, should be few lines with text "createDialog, step..." so extract them or just send me full log, thanks.

And new Beta with few more fixes 3.36.2.7 is out.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

alezy

@menion, in log last step is 6, but after it Locus is waiting something.
Total time to show "Line style" dialog with "use style of folder" enabled is 8 about seconds. Swithing off "use style" takes about 3 seconds. Subsequent on/off of this option works immediately.
  •  

Christian

Quote from: menion on February 05, 2019, 16:29:36
I'm not saying that IPB is ideal. It is just proof of concept if something similar should not be useful create. The algorithm of IPB value is private thought.

Petr for some time works on new system how to publish tracks over Locus Store and we will need also some method how to say to users how difficult certain track is, so it is an actual topic for me.
I'm a little late but i would like to point to an algorithm used for cycling in the mountains. I tried different methods to compute the difficulties of different sports but I'm not satisfied. All I know is that different sports need different algorithm. But it would be nice to have an index...

Quote from: menion on February 05, 2019, 16:29:36
@all
What do you think about visible top-right value in list of tracks for every track? Currently, there is average speed as base value (when sorted by name, dist, time or date). What about change to "elevation gain" as asked here https://help.locusmap.eu/agent/object/14703#comment-67047 ? Anyone against it?
The list page of the track manager is a pain in my neck since the useless thumbnails were introduced, the name of the tracks are shortend, important information are hidden a.s.o. :(
I would prefer to be able to decide by myself what should be displayed. Distance, elevation gain, difficulty like IBP and some lines of the description would be fine and enough for me. (What about the old idea of track ratings = 5 stars?). No thumbnails are needed. An icon if the track is circular or not would be nice.
A configurable display in track managers list as a template for each folder / group would be fine.

my 5 cents.
Christian

•  

locus.sv@heime.org

It would be easier if this list was scrollable :-)

•  

locus.sv@heime.org

I was sending in houndreds of trackables and tens of found it logs. For every 30 trackables I got an error I could retry, but for every 30 found it log I had no other option than aborting and open log manager and continue.

In both cases I would prefer if Locus Map could slow down so much that this error didn`t happen.
  •  

locus.sv@heime.org

I know I shouldn`t log found it on own caches, but wanted to try. I think Locus Map should catch this error and don`t place the cache in the queue in the log manager. I have not found a way of deleting caches from log manager, but have to mark them as found to get rid of them.
  •