Re: [APP] - version 3.36.+ ( 30. 1. 2019 )

Started by Menion, January 30, 2019, 14:43:06

balloni55

Quote@balloni55
seems you use DEV geocaching server enabled in expert settings right?
please watch screencast
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovg1aatpotax8v6/2019_02_09_07_41_01.mp4?dl=0
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

jonny.blue

When I want to log a visit a cache in beta ... an error occurs while authorisizing to geocaching.com:

Die Website ist nicht erreichbar
Die Server-IP-Adresse von locus.oauth.callback.geocaching wurde nicht gefunden.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
  •  

Menion

Thanks for video balloni. It anyway looks that opened web browser (chrome) is still loading. Did you tried to leave it a little longer? Click on "cross" button and visible error 10100 is only incorrectly displayed result of login task. 10100 = canceled.

EDIT: ah, some problems with login simulate on second device, oki, leave it for now, thanks :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

@Žajdlík Josef
when you will have a moment, please try this improved version: https://asamm.myqnapcloud.com/share.cgi?ssid=06gjnIt

I've updated few Android libraries with hope, it will help. Thanks
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Test on tablet with android 5 unfortunately unsuccessful. Beta still crashes. Pro works. I apologize for the inconvenience. If my problem is unique, I can still use the Pro version.
  •  

john_percy

1. I can't find any way to clear the cached images for mapsforge V4 themes. That is to say, I've changed the icon for "ruins" in a theme and the V3 theme displays the new image but the V4 theme doesn't. I've tried clearing the caches within Locus.
Edit:. The beta version displays ok.
2. The latest full and beta versions seem to crash an awful lot in use. Mainly on redrawing the screen on moving our zooming, I think.
3. "Sort tracks by nearest" doesn't work. All my tracks show "0" (in blue). I don't even understand how this is meant to work, compared to "sort by distance" to start and "sort by distance to end". Both those show a valid distance and sort correctly.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Spartaner

Menion

@Žajdlík Josef
hmm damn. It may be unique here because we have a really limited number of users with Beta version. But such issue published to the public of few thousands of users may cause a mess, so I rather fix it. I see the issue in Firebase Crashlytics system, but still can't find any clue, why this happens... give me a while please :).

@john_percy
1. as I see, the cache will be probably somewhere in /sdcard/Android/data/menion.android.locus/cache directory. Maybe subdirectory "mapcache".
2. hmm nothing un-usual reported as I see. Log needed, thanks.
3. In this case, also "Search in tracks" display also "0 m" distance and some non-sense results right? Maybe when you will do a log for case 2., do one more right after the search or this sort, because there have to be some issue visible in log too. Thanks
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: john_percy on February 09, 2019, 20:11:49
3. "Sort tracks by nearest" doesn't work. All my tracks show "0" (in blue). I don't even understand how this is meant to work, compared to "sort by distance" to start and "sort by distance to end". Both those show a valid distance and sort correctly.
@menion I see exactly the same issue as @john_percy with Locus Free & Pro 3.36.2 & beta 3.36.2.1. Other methods of sorting appear OK.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: menion on February 09, 2019, 21:45:40
@john_percy
1. as I see, the cache will be probably somewhere in /sdcard/Android/data/menion.android.locus/cache directory. Maybe subdirectory "mapcache".
2. hmm nothing un-usual reported as I see. Log needed, thanks.
3. In this case, also "Search in tracks" display also "0 m" distance and some non-sense results right? Maybe when you will do a log for case 2., do one more right after the search or this sort, because there have to be some issue visible in log too. Thanks
1. I've closed Locus, cleared all the files in the cache directory, restarted the phone, but the incorrect map icons persist.I read somewhere that svg files are bitmapped and cached at different sizes. That's what I want to clear, though it ought to happen automatically,
2. I've sent system crash reports. Do these come to you via Google?
3. Do Andrew's screenshots help? That's what I'm referring to.
  •  

Bucky Kid

Hello, I report a minor visual bug: in route planner, if the points stack is empty, the remove point button [-] isn't grayed which may act confusing. The geayed remove button always served me as quick indicator that I'm starting from scratch.

•  

zossebart

Hey menion,

in the last version's beta some guys found a nice little "quick functions panel" which could be added to the top or side panel. It is also present in the current Beta but not in Pro as far as I can see.
You said it was published by accident and was meant to be activated by hardware buttons only.
I am very interested in this feature! Is this already possible in current beta? If yes, how to enable it in config.cfg? I assume I could trigger it with bluetooth hid device?

I'm not so much interested in adding it to a panel, but it should not hurt anyways?

Gesendet von meinem D5503 mit Tapatalk

jonny.blue

QuoteNew beta version 3.36.2.1

Geocaching API
I've finally completely rewrote Geocaching API system. Why this? Groundspeak till 1.5.2019 remove support for the ...

Is it really ready for testing?

I can't authorisize Locus to my account.  :(
  •  

Menion

@john_percy
sorry but I do not know. Because you may test your themes on Free version, the solution should be to simply just un-install application and install it from Google Play again. This should clear all internal cache directories that may not be visible on not-rooted devices.

About reported problems: if you report issue over dialog that appears in the device, it ends in some tool from Google where I see all reports at once. Currently, there are maybe 1000 crashes per week. These that repeat mosts are currently out of our skills. These crashes are usually in Android itself and I have absolutely no idea how to solve them. It usually happens during simple moving or zooming with the map and it is probably your case as well.

Problem with sorting: I understand where is a problem, same as in the case of Andrew, I just do not have the same issue on own device. We have again the company meeting this week, so I'll try it on Petr or Milan devices.

@Bucky kid
ah, you are right. I noticed a similar problem with incorrectly display "disabled" buttons on more places is app. It will be fixed once I get rid of support for Android 4 (so a few months later).

@zossebart
If you are familiar with for example Tasker application, you may already use it. Documentation how it should look on Locus Map side is published here.

@jonny.blue
login really seems to be a problem. I think I have a working solution, but I now wait till Geocaching guys in America wake up and change something for me :). In next days, I'll publish new version.
  •  

john_percy

@menion. Thanks for response. Uninstalling and reinstalling Locus Pro worked, using back up and restore.
However:
- Restore did not restart the app, despite saying it would in 5 seconds
- Backup/Restore mangled some of the directory locations that I had set
- It's not user-friendly way of updating themes!
I understand your comments on bug reports.
  •  

zossebart

Quote from: menion on February 11, 2019, 13:09:06
@zossebart
If you are familiar with for example Tasker application, you may already use it. Documentation how it should look on Locus Map side is published here.

I'm familiar with tasker. I use a NFC-triggered Tasker-Task to start recording and custom livetracking and apply a preset and activate a dashboard when my phone is mounted on the handlebar of my bike. So I guess I'm also quite familiar with the Action Tasks. However, I don't get from the documentation how to activate this "quick actions menu" from tasker. Maybe there is a new undocumented value for the "function" task?

•