track recording panel pause button flashes erratically

Started by Andrew Heard, January 13, 2019, 05:06:46

Andrew Heard

This is not recent but only just got around to recording the behavior. Observe the orange button flash erratically half way through the video. 100% reproducible on old phone, new phone, tablet.

https://youtu.be/XMYLMzPgPng.
LM4.23.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

This is really interesting :).

I've just tested in on older tablet and older app version has also some problem with this button, but the latest Beta seems to work correctly. Is this happen to you also with the latest Beta version?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

In a quick test: run app > enable GPS > enable track record > pause record, both Pro & latest beta worked OK - orange button "pulses" with blue ring. But I'm sure the bug is still there, in Pro at least. The video was running Pro only last week, and no version change since that time. Maybe the track needs to be recording for longer. Have you made a beta code change? I think there are more conditions required to reproduce this (cosmetic) bug.
  •  

Menion

App uses one bigger library made by Google and this change somewhere in the latest version(s). It should affect this behavior little bit as well as "Display" button problem mentioned in the different topic.

Anyway, your device seems to have many smaller UI problems that I never met before, interesting.

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on January 18, 2019, 12:48:23
Anyway, your device seems to have many smaller UI problems that I never met before, interesting.
no reason I can suggest, its unrooted, pretty basic setup/ nothing special. Relatively new phone with very few apps running from startup, and mostly in flight mode. I use it mainly just for Locus.
  •