navigation turns

Started by papab, December 31, 2018, 22:05:10

papab

When navigating, using either brouter or graphhopper, there are too many turns shown in the 'streetname/road number indicator'.    There are turns shown where there is only a bend in the road, & no possibility to go the wrong way.    I have frequency of commands set to low.   I think it is better than it was when it was set to medium, but still confusing to have unnecessary  turns shown.
I have frequency of alerts in Guidance set to Low also.  Is there another setting that I've missed?   
Thanks.
  •  

Menion

Hello papab,
how you start your navigation? If you start it directly from "Navigate to" or from "Route planner" functions, the computed track is really computed by these routing systems. Anyway if you start routing on, for example, own recorded track without routing commands, Locus generate these commands based on the shape of the track. Maybe this is your case?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

papab

I was starting it with  - navigate to
  •  

Menion

Oki,
Locus version? Start point coordinates? Endpoint coordinates? Routing engine? Routing type?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

papab

I just got back from a long trip & I don't recall exactly where they were, but I've created 2 test cases.
locus version 3.35.2

desert center N 33.713176  115.400324 to
W 33.6666, 112.3255
brouter, brouter profile, fast, or brouter,  locus profile car-fast
At 47.9 and 173 mi ( 77, 278km) , the router exits the highway and gets back on. 
Using graphhopper, Car, same start and end,   doesn't have the exit & reentry, but has some extra/confusing guidance at 68.8 and161 mi (111 and 259 km)

Using Graphhopper. Car
ElCajon, CA, USA,  32.79477  116.962527  to
Yuma, AZ, USA,   32.725325  114.624397
Extra/confusing guidance at 62.9 and 152 mi (101, 245 km)
  •