Google My Maps wishlist

Started by fencepost, May 26, 2011, 15:36:50

fencepost

Would love to have these options added for the Google My Maps viewer:

• Option to delete points/lines from an existing MyMap.  I understand this may not be possible and if it's not it's ok
  • When clicking on the Edit option for a particular MyMap, have Locus zoom to that location.  Currently it appears you have to manually zoom.
  • Add a zoom option to the menu in case you want to just view a particular MyMap.  Again it appears you have to manually zoom to the location

Thanks for your consideration.  Cheers!  Art
  •  

Menion

hi,
  option to ... - added (you have to enable edit mode on concrete map in MyMaps screen)
  when clic ... partially added - on few places I use function "center and zoom" where currently works only "center" :), so center enabled here also. Zoom later .. (also center and zoom on edit works only when map is not yet visible)
  add a zoo ... added "Map" button which will do same as for edit
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

fencepost

Oooohhhh, looking forward to experimenting with this.  Thanks a bunch!
  •  

fencepost

Simply fabulous!  I haven't completely tested everything, but it all seems to be perfect.  Will let you know if I run into any snags.  Thanks so much.

Art
  •  

Menion

you're welcome :) i was also thinking about possibility to edit points, but it seems to be too complicated and its also much easier to do it on web ... enjoy new functionality ;)
  •  

durian

This thread made me look at the MyMaps functionality. Very cool actually :-)

Can I also upload a track I recorded in Locus to MyMaps? I don't seem to find that option, if it exists,

-peter
  •  

Menion

no this is not possible. you can only create your own points and tracks during editing mode. MyMaps have some limit as I know, to max around 800 points? or similar ... so I rather not to do this. Rather use supported GPSies server, much better I think ;)
  •