How to represent summits / valleys in waypoints via Locus API

Started by Radim V, December 11, 2018, 13:18:07

Radim V

Hallo Locus team,
I am developing two add ons with Locus API. For both of them, I need to represent summits and valleys in the hierarchy of classes around Point. First I need to encode this generic SUMMIT / VALLEY enumeration and return it as a new Waypoint to Locus (using Locus API, not app import). (Many Garmin Edge devices have the ability to tell me "now you are going to be mostly climbing / descending for 5 km / 10 minutes"). I cannot figure out how to properly represent this summit valley classification.
Then I need to decode it from the data containers that Locus uses around Waypoints and map them together with all other enumerations from PointRteAction to a collection of types that Garmin's fitSDK understands. I have been previously working with .tcx files. Locus imports them ok, it assigns nice icons to both summits and valleys and also parses other data from <coursepoint> element like name and description and adds PASS_PLACE PointRteAction. Of course I could encode summits / valleys in the name e.t.c but having those two add ons related in such a tightly coupled way would be very bad. I can provide any details and data needed. Thanks, Radim.
  •  

Menion

Good day Radim,
little complicated task for me to perfectly understand your needs :).

Maybe we should discuss it in Czech over email? If so, write me please on jiri.mlavec@asamm.com, thanks. Otherwise try to describe me in a few short steps, what you want to do.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Radim V

•