Re: [APP] - version 3.35.+ ( 7. 12. 2018 )

Started by Menion, December 07, 2018, 09:28:38

john_percy

Quote from: Erelen on January 26, 2019, 18:06:47
In beta, comparing to last release:
- wider font in header, and it doesn't fit sometimes.
Me too. I don't find this a very helpful change where screen real estate is at a premium.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

@Magellan
you are the second who wrote me that he likes this panel. It was published more an accident than intent. Its main purpose is for quick access to functions over hardware controller mounted on the bike for example.

I'm still not sure it should be published as the regular function in the app because it duplicated functions panels.

@Erelen
thanks, both issue should be fixed now. It was the side effect of the change in one core library. I was able to "hack" is to good old font spacing.

@Andrew Heard
click on notify panel is not obvious, I know. It is exactly the same system as used in app settings, in Live tracking and now also here. And to be true, I think it is not too important. Main here is toggle button on right panel that turns default settings on/off.

Stop button should be visible only when "repeated notification" is enabled. Anyway seems there is some problem with these notifications on your device. I'm playing with it now maybe 10 minutes, and no problem so far, weird.

@lor74cas
hmm problems with backup system ... always problematic to simulate & fix. In both app versions, you have completely disabled auto-backup feature? Please check it once more, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Erelen

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on January 28, 2019, 12:21:27
@lorthe 74cas
hmm problems with backup system ... always problematic to simulate & fix. In both app versions, you have completely disabled auto-backup feature? Please check it once more, thanks.
Before auto-backup was enabled, now i stopped it for both version to avoid the issue.
It's strange that today it tried to copy HGT files and why do it now, they were never backup-ed before (fortunately too many MB of data to move).
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Andrew Heard

click on notify panel is not obvious, I know. It is exactly the same system as used in app settings, in Live tracking and now also here. And to be true, I think it is not too important.
@menion - important if user want to 1) notify until stopped or 2) change pause or 3) change sound or 4) change vibration. In 3.35.2 Pro these settings are on the Basic & Notification tabs. I like the new beta layout better but I think the settings are too hidden - it took me lots of playing to find them, and then only by accident., and only because I thought something wasn't working correctly.

Stop button should be visible only when "repeated notification" is enabled. Anyway seems there is some problem with these notifications on your device. I'm playing with it now maybe 10 minutes, and no problem so far, weird.
I will try a more objective test next week when some spare time. Given there was custom sound and single beep sound at different times, there is definitely some problem happening.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

It is really interesting with your notifications. Isn't possible, it was a notification from for example "GPS lost fix"?

Anyway ... new version 3.36.0 just published, so further discussion in new topic.

I also started this week on the necessary rewrite of communication with Groundspeak server (geocaching functions). Deadline is till the end of April otherwise Locus Map lost access to GC server, so it's time to start work and test it. And also updates in the system of maps are close to some alpha tests, so next month will be definitely interesting ;).

Thanks for the help as usual and hope you find again something useful in the new version.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •