Re: [APP] - version 3.35.+ ( 7. 12. 2018 )

Started by Menion, December 07, 2018, 09:28:38

Tapio

I cannot add waypoints to existing tracks. "+" is missing.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

slarti76

I think I reported problems with the automatic backup before, but it's still not ok:
I have several devices where backup is turned off, but it is still executed. It's always when I have Free and Pro installed together. One thing that seems to happen very often is that a backup is done after a phone restart even if turned off. I can't give much more info, unfortunately, as I rarely see the actual backup notification, I just see the backups piling up in their folder.
Also, the GUI is still buggy: The date shown ("Next update") is obviously the last "next date" before I turned of backups. Now when I open the dialog after that date, I can't press "Save" because of the old date, even if backups are turned off. The whole date widget should be deactivated then, I'd say...
  •  

Menion

Hi to all, long time no interesting news on dev side.

So new Beta version 3.35.2.4 is out now.

Some info:
- problem with automatic restart most probably still not solved. I'm still unable to simulate it properly.
- @slarti76, thanks for the info about the backup manager. As I know, it works correctly for me, but I'll try to play with it a little bit.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: menion on January 02, 2019, 12:34:02

@balloni55
Search options: in case of geocaching, full-text search checks in "owner", "country", "state" and "short" and "long" descriptions. As I see, there may be a small issue in case-sensitivity (fixed now) so rather check if you use correct letter cases.

Is searching also in logs good idea? Quite a lot of text > may be false positive results + increased search time (maybe a lot).
V3.35.2.4
search work now, thanks ;)
and "search inside logs" isn´t necessary
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

I hope the new version is out soon. I SO MUCH can't wait to the "sort by elevation gain" feature 😁
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: tapio on January 12, 2019, 16:01:57
I hope the new version is out soon. I SO MUCH can't wait to the "sort by elevation gain" feature
Tested
What about an advanced filter for tracks ?
Now there is just name and date.
I think that distance and elevation gain are very important too.
Something to find out:
How many tracks wirh more then 20 km and more than 1000 mt of elevation I did this year?

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Yes, filters and search is rather a weak spot in Locus.
  •  

Andrew Heard

V3.35.2.4: I noticed "updated POI alerts" in the release notes, so I did a trivial test. I like the layout. But tapping the big green play button was being ignored. Maybe because GPS is disabled? There was no helpful warning message though so confusing what was wrong. I'm unable to include an inline screen capture for some reason, so attached? Is this a forum change - there used to be a link below the editor to select an IMG?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

As for the POI warner, an option to read max n POI would be nice. Often there's 2 or 3 and then Locus reports "2 points in range". But I'd be fine if it reads out both.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys, nice feedback, thanks.

I've just today highly improved search in tracks (by distance) and also added "sort by nearest" option for track folders, so hope this helps better handle own imported tracks.

About filtering: I agree that filter for tracks is a lot less powerful then filter for points (mainly caches), but reason: I do not see any useful simply and exactly defined idea on help desk related to this problem, which means for me: no serious interest. And as usually: if I do not need & no interest = not implemented, sorry :).

@Andrew Heard
hehe, I know about the problem with the tap on "Start/Stop" button. I have the same and I just forget to test it more. Just click it more than once and it will work.
Link to attach the image ... hmm you are correct. Probably result of the update of this forum system? Fortunately seems that attachment below as you did, works correctly.

@Tapio
notification about more than one point will do not contain info about distance & angle. Not sure if this is wanted. I think that more than one point simply need a map. Notification just helps to find the right moment, when to look on the map.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on January 13, 2019, 16:23:03
hehe, I know about the problem with the tap on "Start/Stop" button. I have the same and I just forget to test it more. Just click it more than once and it will work.
@menion - I did try this many times but took a lot more than just a few taps. Then when it was finally enabled (red button) it also took a lot more than just a few taps to toggle to green. But on another occasion it worked first time.

One idea, maybe worth a separate topic (?) is the idea to handle color of POI alert button same as GPS & Track Record buttons - now that GPS & Track Record buttons are both green to indicate working/ enabled, how about making the POI alert button green when enabled too?

Quote from: menion on January 13, 2019, 16:23:03
Link to attach the image ... hmm you are correct. Probably result of the update of this forum system? Fortunately seems that attachment below as you did, works correctly.
Yes works as an attachment, but the inline method of including an image was quicker & meant you could place the image at a logical position within the text - seems like a backward step (although usable).
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

- problem with tap on buttons in POI alert solved. I've also improved icon so it will be in function panel green in case, POI alert is running. Thanks for tip.

- attachments, understand. Little problem. The forum already refuses some updates because it's old, we use old server infrastructure ... needs major update :/

Tapio

I hope the forum will have a smartphone interface one day.
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: tapio on January 15, 2019, 17:36:55
I hope the forum will have a smartphone interface one day.
You can use the Tapatalk app if you want a smartphone interface. I do.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

V 3.35.2.4
in my "test preset" i set content auxiliary graphics "course line" and "heading line" and switch both on.
In all other of my presets no auxiliary grafic is set.
If i use these "test preset" once and switch back to another preset, inside all of them these both  lines are visible :-[
Restart didn´t solve it, i have to disable both lines inside settings/maps/auxiliary graphics
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •