Re: [APP] - version 3.35.+ ( 7. 12. 2018 )

Started by Menion, December 07, 2018, 09:28:38

voldapet

@balloni55 The Germany (Complete) really doesn't contain the offline addresses and for this reason has DB file lower size then current Germany South LoMap
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

balloni55

thanks Petr for explanation :)

as reported yesterday i have updated some of my LoMaps.
and today i wondered that content of e.g
germany complete vs germany_south
is not identically.... :(
why????
i found the reason, some LoMaps are not "up to date"
most LoMaps are updated 6.11.2018 :)
but
- germany complete is outdated 5.6.2015
- Switzerland is outdated 30.12.2015
- Austria is outdated 1.4.2016

OK, this date is visible in description,
anyway i think a popup "please note map date" if this date is older than x months  while purchase/update will be honestly for customer.

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4

john_percy

Quote from: john_percy on December 15, 2018, 16:41:20
There's some trouble with hill shading in Mapsforge version 4 - some portions of tiles are missing at some zooms.
Map is OAM Great Britain, theme is internal.

No one responded, so I'm wondering if no one else has this problem or if it's been overlooked.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

Johny: http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6406.msg53589#msg53589
Anyway my answer here will be same as second paragraph here: http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6418.msg53606#msg53606

Remind me this problem when Beta version with update "map core" will be published (somewhere in February), thanks for understanding.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

voldapet

@balloni55
Germany (Complete) - isn't updated for couple of years and it's not possible to purchase it. You can see it and download it because you purchased couple years ago. But the new users can obtain only Germany South/North that are regularly updated.
Switzerland and Austria - should be available in the latest 2018.11.06 version - would you please share screenshot from Locus Store > Austria LoMap. Can you see the blue "update" button?
  •  

balloni55

@ voldapet,
Quoteisn't updated for couple of years and it's not possible to purchase it
outdated update was possible for me

QuoteCan you see the blue "update" button?
yes, it was my fault, to see the current date of the map i have to scroll down :P
so sorry...
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

voldapet

@balloni55
Ohh thank you for screenshot. I check your account and there is an explanation:
- the Germany Complete is in state "hidden if not available for user"  It means that for the new user is hidden but user that purchased this map earlier, can see it
- the hidden if not available" map can be still downloaded but also updated and that's the problem
I can see that you purchased Germany Complete map in 2014 , for this reason you can see this map in the store and also you can update it. The question is if should be possible to update map that is hidden ... I'll need to think about it. However I'll refund LC for update, is non-sense to use map three years old.
  •  

balloni55

@voldaped
QuoteHowever I'll refund LC for update
please don´t do it, it´s ok for me ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

V 3.35.2.2
(Testing) "Quick action menu"
down right "weather" can be changed to another option, the new option can be used once but on next opening "Quick action menu" "weather" is back again. Changes of all other buttons are stored.

search option in Data manager:
"search full text"
sorry i can't figure it out in case of geocache
where should be the search text found?
inside
- Basic info?
- Listing?
- Logs?

e.g.
inside Data/Points i have stored ~50 geocaches from owner "Wichtel"  and inside most of these listings word "Wichtel" is also inside listing/log text.
If i "search full text" with this term i get only 8 hits ???
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

lor74cas

Hello,
In navigation, the blue labels with km and time are not full visible.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: john_percy

Menion

Hi all, happy new year ;)

@balloni55
ah, "Quick action menu" ... it is accident that it appear in Beta version :). It is a small secret function for one hardware device. Purpose of this menu is to open it by intent from a hardware controller (on bike/motorcycle) and by direction arrow quickly choose a certain item. Anyway thanks for bug report > fixed.

Search options: in case of geocaching, full-text search checks in "owner", "country", "state" and "short" and "long" descriptions. As I see, there may be a small issue in case-sensitivity (fixed now) so rather check if you use correct letter cases.

Is searching also in logs good idea? Quite a lot of text > may be false positive results + increased search time (maybe a lot).

@lor74cas
ah, thanks!
  •  

Menion

Quote from: lor74cas on December 15, 2018, 11:40:59
But playing with RP I found this little bug:
Create a track from A to B
Insert a point in the middle of second type, the square one.
Look at elevation chart in guide mode at the place of middle point the graph breaks.
If you remove the mid point graph ok.

Another little bug, language change, countdown for restart, nothing happens. Manual restart ok language changed.
One more feedback
- unfortunately, I'm unable to simulate these issues.
Chart: not too serious problem and because I plan to change chart engine, let it be.
Restart: works on two devices I've tried. Anyway, I've increased restart timeout from 4 to 5 seconds, which may help here. Dialog disappears probably after three secs, so just wait a little longer.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on January 03, 2019, 08:36:29
Quote from: lor74cas on December 15, 2018, 11:40:59
Another little bug, language change, countdown for restart, nothing happens. Manual restart ok language changed.
Restart: works on two devices I've tried. Anyway, I've increased restart timeout from 4 to 5 seconds, which may help here. Dialog disappears probably after three secs, so just wait a little longer.
When you touch restart, Locus closes, but after the countdown it does not restart automatically, you must start it manually. This is not a big problem either, but it simply does not start as expected
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

Yes, I understand this problem, it just does not happen on my devices. Will try it next week. We have a our usual, from time to time, company meeting in Prague, so more devices to test :).
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: lor74cas on January 03, 2019, 17:22:32
When you touch restart, Locus closes, but after the countdown it does not restart automatically, you must start it manually. This is not a big problem either, but it simply does not start as expected
I confirm this too.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •