Re: [APP] - version 3.35.+ ( 7. 12. 2018 )

Started by Menion, December 07, 2018, 09:28:38

Menion

Important links
- list of news of public versions

Versions
6. 12. 2018 - Locus 3.35.0
10. 12. 2018 - Locus 3.35.1
18. 12. 2018 - Locus 3.35.2
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

1. New version "stops" (crashes) unaccountably from time to time. Possibly linked with moving map centre(?) :(
2. Cannot access the different styles of custom themes in new version. Tried a phone restart but no difference. I've checked bug on both Tobias's Elevate/Elements and my Voluntary themes -- there seems no way to access the Styles menu. Connected to changelog item: "fix: incorrect icons of popup menu selector of custom themes" (?) >:(
Edit: Styles pop up menu still works on Mapsforge v4 maps.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

c.s.g.

(1.) Very very little bug in cache detail screen and new premium member cache information. Look here.

(2.) Confirm 2. of john_percy post. I can select a custom theme, for example "Elements LE" for OAM Maps, but I can not acces the different styles of that theme like "Radfahren", "Wandern", ... anymore.
  •  

Menion

And I started to worry, that new version will be without issues :)

@john_percy
1. may you create me a bug report for first issue? Thanks
2. problem found, fixed

@c. s. g.
thanks
  •  

john_percy

@menion Of course, it hasn't crashed since the first three times! Could you point me to the instructions for sending a bug report, please.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Tablet, Android 5.0. Exit the application when you press MORE.

•  

Tapio

Thx for the update. The preset loading delay is annoying. It feels like an artificial time waster. I change them a lot.

Bug? Some icons missing. The Locus category record button with the red dot.

Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

c.s.g.

Hi,
Quote from: john_percy on December 07, 2018, 18:17:03
@menion Of course, it hasn't crashed since the first three times! Could you point me to the instructions for sending a bug report, please.

maybe this link helps.
  •  

Menion

@Žajdlík Josef
ah nice one. I was able to simulate it on one device and fix it, thanks!

@tapio
I know it adds an additional two seconds delay, on the second side, it was in beta test for more than two weeks and you are first who complain. I'm also not yet 100% happy with it so "complain registered" :)

And issue with icon ... I noticed it as well. I do the major change of all app icons from SVG to special vector format and you found hopefully the last issue in it. Thanks
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on December 08, 2018, 18:43:37
@tapio
I know it adds an additional two seconds delay, on the second side, it was in beta test for more than two weeks and you are first who complain. I'm also not yet 100% happy with it so "complain registered" :)
2nd to (very mild) complain ;-)

I didn't see this new behavior in latest beta? i.e. tap preset & green msg displayed; a while back toast? msg was ~2s then recent beta the msg was a very brief flash. I'd like no msg at all. Very minor issue (for me) but agree with @tapio seems a time waster.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

I don't see the need for a message. If user taps a preset, he knows that he does it and he sees it is happening. No need to explain. I mean, time wasters could be everywhere. "Hello user, you are now entering the options". "Hello user, you are now leaving the Locus store".

No need for that. We're not Apple users!?!

---

I also think the confirmation question in Route Planner, "Do you really want to recalculate all" is unnecessary. I mean, until that point, I already expressed my wish twice. I don't need to tell about my will for a third time!  I always think "awww, menion, c'mon, really?" 😁
If user decides against it, he can already exit the prior window where you choose the (brouter) profile. And on top of that, there is Undo.

---

Is GPSies integration broken? Whatever I search for, I get no results.
I really wish for a good integration. Then with Locus' "favourites" functionality, I wanted to find all tracks around the map center, within a specific range, with specific properties, but the results weren't good. In a way gpsies api supports some stuff, but the presentation did not work. See link below.

If the Locus/Gpsies interface could support track search around map center... something common imo...

https://www.gpsies.com/home.do;jsessionid=7C4F3AA6D484C214F24D0C86762A3E78.fe3?trackTypes=jogging#14_51.28060196654988_9.484033584594727_hikebike
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Menion

Heh, oki. Confirmation message reduced to small toast visible over the map for a while, but not anymore caused delay in closing "Presets" screen.

I consider confirmation in Route as important. a) It is needed only rarely, b) function may cause a lot of tasks on background, log of internet request and a big delay in the workflow. Definitely bigger than simple on/cancel dialog.

Problem with GPSies? Cannot simulate, for me it works correctly. What settings should I use? Map center coordinates + screenshot of "search screen" may help. Thanks
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

zossebart

Are there any changes regarding Url-handling in favourites in the current version? I can't get locus-actions urls to work from favourites anymore.
In current version, if I click on a favorite containing a locus-actions url, I get an orange toast saying something like "could not find a suitable application for this action".
This definitely worked in the last version (locus-actions urls were handled without problems)!

Gesendet von meinem D5503 mit Tapatalk

•  

Menion

I noticed and fixed one similar issue today, so maybe it is already solved.
But just to be sure .. is there any sample link I may test? Thanks
  •  

balloni55

locus FC if i try to open a external app (Brouter, AZ Screen Recorder) from side panel
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •