track time for new Route Planner route is 0m or 427425m

Started by Andrew Heard, October 20, 2018, 00:24:19

Andrew Heard

I have noticed this on a few occasions, not just latest beta or Pro. Using Route Planner I create a new route. Sometimes the track time is incorrectly displayed as 427425 minutes instead of 0 minutes. Below - 4 new tracks created one after another with similar workflow, so why inconsistent track times:

Maybe the 427425 minutes is -1 or some incorrectly set special value?

LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Heh, nice. This seems to be time in hours, not minutes. Then it matches to time since 1. 1. 1970, when all java-based apps compute time.

Question is, how is it possible that any trackpoint has defined time when the track was created and some not. Wasn't there any post-edit or anything special you did with these affected tracks?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on October 20, 2018, 14:04:48
Then it matches to time since 1. 1. 1970
ha ha - I suspected some special value

Quote from: menion on October 20, 2018, 14:04:48
Question is, how is it possible that any trackpoint has defined time when the track was created and some not. Wasn't there any post-edit or anything special you did with these affected tracks?
no post-edit, otherwise I would blame/ question/ investigate my own action; these 4 tracks are purely result of Save As from Route Planner. I have seen this value before but never bothered to report further. Not a big deal of course but curious.
  •  

Menion

Andrew, may you please export me one track with this problem to GPX format? I'm unable to simulate this and based on code, instead of this crazy value, only "---" should be visible there. Thanks
  •  

Andrew Heard

Unfortunately with full reinstall I have lost these tracks. I tried creating a few new routes in Route Planner but all are showing correct 0. If it happens again I'll save as GPX. So topic on hold for now unless someone else can reproduce. As we say - Murphy's Law.
  •  

Menion

You really lost all data because of testing "screen on/off"? No backup somewhere on the cloud? You had app directory in /sdcard/android/data/menion.android.locus.pro directory? If so mistake > we warn everywhere that data will be lost upon un-install!
  •  

Andrew Heard

I did a full backup just before the uninstall. A backup to the cloud would be super slow. Unfortunately I forgot the backup was still in Locus/backup folder because each time I select a different directory Locus crashes - fixed in 3.33.2.2 I think but too late for me. Fortunately I had a backup from a week ago so nothing important lost.
  •  

Menion

Ah ok. Anyway, thanks Andrew for your time and if some track will have these incorrect times, send me exported GPX file. Thanks