New Log-in System makes Locus useless with MicroG

Started by TrulloF, October 06, 2018, 09:06:09

TrulloF

I'm using LineageOS with MicroG integrated on my Z5 Compact (Google Services-less).
The consequences with Locus are, that I can't login to the Locus store (email doesn't work too), Google Places and Adress search doesn't work anymore, which renders Locus near useless for me, because I'm using these searches quite often, when I'm on a trip.
Version 3.31.3 is the last I could find, which still works for me (Locus store log-in, Google Places etc.).
Is it possible to return to the old system or provide some sort of fallback for us MicroG users?
I know it's not standard not using Google Services on Android, but would be nice to have a choice anyway.
Thanks for considering.
  •  

Menion

Good day TrulloF
login over email (which should be your only available option) should definitely work, there is no reason why not! What problem do you observe here?

You also wrote that address search does not work? What means "Does not work"?

And Google Places were removed due to the new crazy overpricing policy of Google introduced two months ago, sorry.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

TrulloF

Thank you for clarification regarding Google Places. Are there any alternatives planned?
MicroG uses signature spoofing to let apps think, that Google services are installed. Locus therefore shows all options for login to Locus store (google, facebook, email). If I try Google it shows following error message Login not successful (Anmeldung nicht ergolgreich) Extra: 17: code: 11320.
When using email address the app gets stuck after input of email address (it says loading forever, previous version just crashed the app).
  •  

Menion

Ah understand. I was just solving this issue few days ago.

1. enable experimental settings > long click on top left main menu
2. open experimental settings > menu > settings > scroll to bottom
3. disable "Allow login over Play services"

Should work now ;).

Alternative to Google Places: well, you know any? I do not for now.
  •  

TrulloF

OK. Login to store works now via email. When I click the option to disable Google Play login the button remains activated although option is off.
  •  

Menion

Ah, thanks ... bug in preferences system, fixed.
  •